My guppy has been pregnant for over a month

Goodgirl411

New Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
1
She had one baby when I was on vacation. got back the 18th now 9 days later the fry is pretty big she can't even eat it if she wanted to. She and the baby r the only ones in the tank..(Just to clear up... I have a tank heater in there.) I took her out of the tank with the male guppies a month ago and she already looked pretty pregnant. Now she is so big it looks funny. She has had a squared off look for weeks. I read they give birth 20 to 30 days. It's been much longer.... She is still swimming around fine and is feisty..
 

Attachments

  • 20180726_204047.webp
    20180726_204047.webp
    100.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 20180726_204157.webp
    20180726_204157.webp
    120.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 20180726_204253.webp
    20180726_204253.webp
    96.1 KB · Views: 315
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

you can try deworming the fish with Praziquantel (for tapeworm) and Levamisole (for thread/ round worms). Otherwise just leave her be. She might have had 2 batches of eggs developing in her and the second batch isn't due for a few more days.
 
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

you can try deworming the fish with Praziquantel (for tapeworm) and Levamisole (for thread/ round worms). Otherwise just leave her be. She might have had 2 batches of eggs developing in her and the second batch isn't due for a few more days.


I don't think it's worms since I can see the eyes in her belly.. just worried the other fry is as big as the one in the tank..
 

Most reactions

Back
Top