My Gourami Is Tooooooo Fat!

missigfunk

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Aussieland!
Here is a pic...

bumblebee002.jpg


I'm not sure if you will be able to tell, but I sure can! I will try and get a bottom shot. you can see it VERY clearly then!

He isn't constipated, I see him poo and I give them a pea every now and then too.

He is just a fat pig!

How can I stop feeding him with all the other fish in the tank? I know to isolate him or whatever, but I don't have anywhere to put him except this smallish tank I had my babies in, but they all died today...except 1 :(

I actually had 2 babies survive, but when I got home I could only find 1. I assume the fat gourami sucked it out of the net. He was hanging around there alot.
 
Don't think you need to worry about him being a bit tubby, just means he has a healthy appetite!

My Opaline Gourami is a big bu**er too!

I get round it's greedy side by dropping a mixture of Floating and sinking food in to both ends of the tank. This way everyone gets somthing to eat. :good:


 
:lol: I do the same thing. Try to 'even' it out.

I took a short video of him because I couldn't get a good pic. I hope you can tell from the vid.

Sorry about my moron mollie who comes into the screen to see what's going on lol.

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc181/m...umblebee020.flv



But yeah...

He just won't stop eating! I think he is going to eat until he explodes! He doesn't have a gut like yours oscarwilde. He just has this big buldge of a belly.
 
actually your gourami is a female, you can tell by the dorsal fin, males have a much longer dorsal.
so it could be that your girl is actually full of eggs?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top