My Foray Into Marine

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Yep, gonna dip my toes into the dark side lol

Slowly getting things together

Tank - Havent fully decided on using the 2.6ft or the 3ft yet. So it will be either 130 or 140 litres
FIlter - Canister and HOB
Heater - 150W
Chiller - I know its big enough, cant remember brand lol

Ordering HOB and MarinePure Media today.

Still need to organise water and containers. Also need to order salt...but getting there

Yep, gonna dip my toes into the dark side lol

Next thing you know, You will be installing Linux on your PC.

Ermmm i dont think so lol

So the order i did today is already at the post office waiting to be sent....awesome!

Over the next few weeks i think i will order the salt from the same place. Once the salt is here, i'll get some water and get the tank wet, then grab some live rock to get the cycle going

When i read the title it said: My Foray Into Marine
I thought you mispelled "Moray" and wrote Foray instead
so i thought you were moving a freshwater moray eel into a marine tank 
tongue2.gif

(but if you are actually moving a moray into a marine, them im stupid)

I really must get mine going. Life has got in the way, but I'm not far from where you are.

I'll watch with interest.

Do you have any plans beyond the basic marine as yet or is that undecided at present?

Was also wondering what your plan for the canister filter is? I've seen all sorts of discussion about their merits/down sides in marine systems, so went for a sump in the end myself.

I'm wanting a reef with some clowns, other than that i havent thought to much. Mainly corals though

The canister will be there to run the chiller, it will only have MarinePure in it....

So the HOB arrived and the MarinePure....speedy service that was!

I will be hitting the marinepure with a hammer to make it smaller so it will fit in the canister trays. Should be fun lol

I've decided i am going to buy a skimmer, i have one in mind and will purchase it as soon as i have the funds, hopefully wont be too far off.

Salt is another thing i hope to get soon, as then i can get water and get the tank wet and add some live rock to get things cycling, seeing as this is a part i am not in the least gonna try to rush through being as SW is foreign to me lol The LFS though did say they will give me some of their media to help the cycle along, but yeah, i will not be adding anything in a hurry regardless :)

make sure you get decent live rock that looks very porous and rather than big lumps of rock. I would always recomend a lot of flow in a marine tank too

The canister and HOB should be fairly decent flow....but i will probably add either powerheads or wavemakers as well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back