My Fishroom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

To be honest I don't like it at all. Looks messy, unorganized and a little bit trashy. :crazy:

I'm all for a fish room, believe me I've dreamt about it plenty of times. But it was more along the lines of 4 large, same dimension tanks so it would look organized and neat.

There's a world of difference between a breeding setup & a show tank setup. You'd hate my fishroom, which is built as a working breeding setup. Those are nice looking tanks as far as a breeding setup is concerned.

There's a world of difference between a breeding setup & a show tank setup. You'd hate my fishroom, which is built as a working breeding setup. Those are nice looking tanks as far as a breeding setup is concerned.
That's true. But maybe some organization should play a role to make it look nicer? Each person likes their own thing, but I think if I wanted a breeding setup I'd try and keep a little more organized. For one, trying to clean up all those cords and tubes running everywhere, and maybe having shelving units above the tanks to keep the air pumps, instead of lying around on the floor? Also depending on the space you have in your home, with that many tanks, I would try to take everything out of that room except for the tanks (of course), and have everything pushed against a wall. Then again I know nothing about breeding never mind having a whole room for it... but that's how I would take a crack at it, aesthetically wise. ^_^

PS. Not trying to be rude here, just giving my opinion. :nod:

With a fishroom it's all what works best for the individual. I prefer to stack tanks, on end, I've got a pretty good reach & don't mind climbing. I also like them in tight, things easy to reach, economy of motion. Whenever possible I keep power runs above the tanks, industrial power strips attached to the racks or ceiling.

Someone with a shorter reach or considerably overweight would have a difficult time with my setup. Your individual build & abilities have to be taken into consideration, as well as what you can pull off with the space you have available. I have gear hanging everywhere, but not more than a couple of steps away. PVC hangers double as net hangers, scraps of 2x4 give a quick step up when needed, a bit larger plywood on racks here & there provides quick shelf space, and so on.

Since you are building it for what you want to do with it the setup is what works best for you. I see no problem with anyone setting up a fishroom lined with show tanks, a couple of recliners & some music, invite me over! I've seen them with comfy chairs, a big screen & a well stocked fridge, a sturdy table for card parties, it's all up to the individual on how you want to outfit & run it.

my parents always yell at me that i have 3 tanks! you must have the life. fish are a terrible, terrible disease that can only be cured with.... more fish. why not just make the room into a huge fish tank? then no one can yell at you for having too many!

WOW!!! That is a lot of tanks. I think it's awesome and I know how much work goes into keeping all that running properly so congratulations. The only thing that I couldn't handle was having the fish watch me while in the bathroom.

Just a question for anyone reading this, I am interested in getting some of those metal stands or racks , any suggestions where I will get these ? Future project and it's not indoors :lol:
Cheers, Sean :good:

Just a question for anyone reading this, I am interested in getting some of those metal stands or racks , any suggestions where I will get these ? Future project and it's not indoors :lol:
Cheers, Sean :good:

Metal stands can be made using angle iron, stainless steel bolts and nuts, and a drill. It's better to weld the angle iron together, but the stainless steel bolts will work just fine.

A few of the members have asked to see pictures of my fishroom, so here goes. My tanks are plain but since most of my fish are corydoras, I try to keep the bottoms clear so they have room to move around. I hope you like them. :D

The two tanks on the other side of the table have African Clawed Frogs.
FishRoom1.jpg

Moving around we come to this...
FishRoom2.jpg

On the other side of the room are these. The empty 55 gallon tank developed a scratch right in the center front and don't trust it any more. I still haven't made up my mind whether I should replace it or set up another row of 10 gallon single species tanks
FishRoom3.jpg

I ran out of room there so there are also tanks in my hallway.
FishRoom4.jpg

There are a few in the bathroom too.
FishRoom5.jpg

And let's not forget the kitchen. The 10 gallon tank is home to my lovely black S. schultzei and the small one contains newly hatched corydoras fry that are covered with mulm. The two shoeboxes are microworm cultures.
FishRoom6.jpg

FishRoom7.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the tour. Your comments would be most welcome. :D

Just how much food do you get through at their dinner time lol :)

Ooh I think some people need to learn that rule my mum used to tell me. 'If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'.

I think it is wonderful. I think anything that anyone is so obviously passionate about is incredible. They are really lucky fish to have such a blatantly devoted owner. *takes hat off to Inchworm*.....*or I would if I was wearing a hat*

It does look very unorganised and cluttered and in need of re-planning, having the tanks scattered all over the place takes away the beauty of looking at the fish.

I would make a big rack of tanks floor to ceiling, similar to a shop display then it would look stunning :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back