My Fishroom

And to think the other half wont let me get a second tank........

Very Nice setup, Wish The wife would let me have more tanks again.

Thank you for looking at my tanks and giving me all the nice compliments. They are greatly appreciated.:thanks:

did i count 18 tanks???

There are actually 28 of them in the pictures, Haych. Since I've taken them I've also set up two more, one in the bathroom and one on the grouping of 10 gallon tanks in the center of the room. Some of these smaller tanks serve as grow out tanks or are used for quarantine so they are put up and taken down fairly often. There is another 20 gallon tank in my bedroom too, but that didn't make it into the thread.

Right now I have a 31 tanks running with a total of 671.5 gallons of water.

Awesome hun
I see you're a fellow sufferer of MTS LOL

Oh, you can say that again, JustKia!!! :hyper:

i was considering asking the parents if i can swap my bedroom upstairs for a smaller room down stairs so i coud have more tanks as the floor was ssolid but then i just decided to get the parents liking fish and just get one in the living room lol

That's a good plan, bae1994. If you can even find an aquarium club in your area and get them to go with you, I'll bet you have tanks all over the place before long.

Nice tanks, look very suited to keep and breed cory's. I just don't fancy being you on water change day lol.

Oh, it's a job alright, River Dog. They get big water changes and I usually spend most of Sunday doing it. It's worth the effort though.

Waterchanges.jpg

nevermind your water changes or feeding what about your electricity bill???

Ohhhh, that's a bad one, irvs. I live in an area with high rates and I dread seeing the bill in my mailbox every month. :blink:

Electricity cant be that bad, looks to me that most of the tanks are filtered with sponge filters. And i dont see heaters in the majority of them so im guessing theyre kept at room temp.

Hi Geoff1991. It is bad but, since I live in an apartment complex, I don't have to pay for my water. I guess it evens out. I've switched all my tanks from AquaClears to the old fashioned box filters after having sand substrates chew up too many impellers. They might not look especially wonderful but they do a good job. A side benefit is that I can easily swipe a bit of floss from one and a bit from another to instantly clone a quarantine tank when necessary.

Only three of my tanks have heaters right now since most corys do fine at room temperature and my landlords are generous with the heat. I usually only need heaters in the summer when I'm running the air conditioning. Fortunatly we had a cool summer this year and I didn't have to use any.

:D

.... wow :drool: what was your very first tank setup like Inchworm?

Awesome :good: I will show hubs this thread when he gets home tonight, he is getting ichy with my 7 (soon to be 9) tanks, I love that you have tanks in the bathroom!

I am slowly converting the dining room here into my first fish room, I figure if I do it slowly he might not notice :shifty:

Amazing setup! I loved the tour!

lol, "There are a few in the bathroom too."

I see you have a couple walmart brand hoods for your 10 gallon tanks? Are they any good? I just bought one and I am not that please about the lighting.

-FHM

you my friend have a problem....
?

Me?

-FHM

I think he was being sarcastic to inch about all the tanks and the obvious MTS!

Inchworm-
i forgot to add waterchange day is on Sunday for me too...i call it "fishtank frenzy" with 5 tanks, but you...somehow frenzy doesnt cut it :hyper:

have you ever considered consolodating airpums for the box filters to ones with multiple ait outlets? thats a load of cables and tubing...id kill myself tripping over them :)

do you use a python for waterchanges? i assume you must. i still do the tried and true bucket method but dont deal with that kind of volume yet.

all looks faboulous! i absolutely adore my cories! they are so much fun :)
thanks for sharing!
cheers

Most reactions

Back