My Fishless Cycle

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Its definately doing the 3rd phase kind of stuff now, always dropping to zero ppm by 24 hours but dropping lower and lower at 12 hours, ie getting faster and closer to the double-zeros at 12 that gets you to your qualifying week. Congrats.

~~waterdrop~~

You need to add ammonia back up! You should of added ammonia on day 30.

-FHM

Its sort of refreshing seeing a fishless cycle that might not go all the way out to 60 or 70 days and drive the person crazy. :lol:

its even more refreshing to learn that something is working in my favour for once.
Haha.
It seems nothing is ever easy for me.
Apart from my fishless cycle.
:good: :rolleyes:

Do you think the Kuhli Loaches will be okay in my new tank with the ceramic media?
I mean, i can imagine that stuff to be quite sharp and pointy in places, and they love having a squirm around the bottom of my other tank...

Isn't the ceramic media in your filter? The ceramic media I have is very smooth.

-FHM

I say you are nearly done with the cycle!

Maybe a couple more days of adding ammonia, if that, and you are ready to do the 90% water change and add fish! :hyper:

Congrats!

-FHM

Thanks.
Its taken long enough.
Think i might see how things are tomorrow and if they are good, add my fish, and go buy some new ones.
i have 2 danios, 4 glowlights, 4 neons, 2 kuhli loaches a red rainbowfish and a plec.
You think it would be alright to add another few neons and a betta?

Neons should really be in a tank that has been running for at least 6+ months. But if you keep your water parameters spot on, then this should not be a problem.

-FHM

Most reactions

Back