My Fish-In-Cycle Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

manutd4life

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks to all the help i have recieved so far!

i have a 30l biorb tank, not sure what filtration system i have so would be grateful is some one could point me in the right direction.

my heater is a hydor theo heater and the temperature is between 24-25c.

i have a siamese fighter and 2 cherry shrimp in the tank along with a couple of plants(not sure what they called) and some of decoration and a 10w lamp!

i did a test around 12pm today and this is what results i have, these were taken with the api master test kit!

PH 7.6
High range PH 7.8
Ammonia 0.25ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm

If i have missed any info out please advise and let me know.

are these good test results as the tank has been cycling for four days now, i set it up on the 8th June 2010.

Do I need to keep adding nutrafin cycle?

cheers

as your biorb got a clear plastic
pipe coming up in the center of it from the
bottom as this got an air line going to it
.if it as it got bubbles coming from it if
as that is were your filter is

as your biorb got a clear plastic
pipe coming up in the center of it from the
bottom as this got an air line going to it
.if it as it got bubbles coming from it if
as that is were your filter is

Yeah the filter is in the centre and pipe has bubbles going through it, but I'm unsure what the filtration name for it is!

Cheers

it's called an undergravel filter and is a fairly basic one, not that great for rooting plants as they'll wrap themselves up in it! the filtration in Orbs is not great.

hi,

I wouldn't bother with Nutrafin cycle.

You are now in a Fish-In cycle. The ammonia being 0.25ppm means that you will need to do a 25% waterchange. Re-test the next day.

it's called an undergravel filter and is a fairly basic one, not that great for rooting plants as they'll wrap themselves up in it! the filtration in Orbs is not great.

The filtration in Biorbs is good, but like any other filtration it takes time for it to mature.
My 'Service Kit' has not been changed for 8 months and i've not lost a fish for 6.

james.

hi,

I wouldn't bother with Nutrafin cycle.

You are now in a Fish-In cycle. The ammonia being 0.25ppm means that you will need to do a 25% waterchange. Re-test the next day.
I'll do a a 25% water change in the morning now! Bit late in the day!
Thanks

The filtration in Biorbs is good, but like any other filtration it takes time for it to mature.
My 'Service Kit' has not been changed for 8 months and i've not lost a fish for 6.

james.

I did add my 1 month old sponge filter in with my new tank to help!

right ive just done a 50% water change, do i need to do all the test again now?

what tests do i do on my tap water? all of them?

thanks

Just done a tap water test and here are my results.

PH 7.2
High range PH 7.4
Ammoinia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5.0ppm it was in between the 0ppm and the 5.0ppm but the colour was stronger towards the 5.0ppm

They are good results from the tap, they are almost identical to mine!

Having your tank like that would be great aswell!

James.

Yep, re-test your tanks water now,

Basically just make sure that you tanks water stats read the following:-

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- less than 20ppm

So if any of the stats are higher than whats i just wrote above, it means you need to do a water change. :)

Yep, re-test your tanks water now,

Basically just make sure that you tanks water stats read the following:-

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- less than 20ppm

So if any of the stats are higher than whats i just wrote above, it means you need to do a water change. :)

PH 7.6
H PH 7.4
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 0ppm - 5.0ppm

how long after a water change do you need to re-test, and do i always have to test for ph or do that weekly?

Thanks

Hmmm, IMO PH isnt that important, unless you are keeping a specific type of fish that needs an 'special' PH.

Id retest the water soon after a water change. You water stats look good. It should be cyled soon. :)

Hmmm, IMO PH isnt that important, unless you are keeping a specific type of fish that needs an 'special' PH.

Id retest the water soon after a water change. You water stats look good. It should be cyled soon. :)

i am i needing to test everyday?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back