My fish disappeared!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Janice65

Reaction score
Help! Sunday morning I was watching all my fish swim around. Today they are all gone but 3. I had a sucker fish, 4 female guppies with 2 male, 2 female black mollies with 1 male and 2 zebra fish. All are gone except the 2 zebra fish and 1 guppy. We looked for dead fish, none. Could the zebra fish eat them?

No, the zebra didn’t eat them. Have you looked in your filter or under all the decor? Do you have a lid on your tank?

Yes! All of the above. I took my filter out and cleaned it and put it back thinking I would at least find a carcass. But nothing. I only have 2 thinks in my tank and I looked in and under those when I took them out too. Also I do have a lid on my tank. Fully covered.

If one of the other fish ate them you would see some remains under normal conditions. Anyone playing a joke on you? Do you happen to have an underground filter? A friend had some stuck under there once. Hope you figure this out!

If one of the other fish ate them you would see some remains under normal conditions. Anyone playing a joke on you? Do you happen to have an underground filter? A friend had some stuck under there once. Hope you figure this out!
I agree with Deanasue, this is a rather strange one. I would have also expected you find something in your filter, and it is correct to say their would be remains if any fish had attempted to eat others.

I also hope you figure this out, keep us posted if you need any further advice.

do you have snails or shrimp in the tank?

photo of the tank please so we can see if there are possible hiding places you haven't checked.

if you have hollow ornaments fish can die and float up inside the ornament.

dead fish can develop fungus, which holds their bodies onto plants and other things in the tank.

The bodies are in there or on the floor. If you have other pets (cat, dog, ferret, rats) they will eat fish that jump out of the tank and land on the floor.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back