My First Leopard Gecko Is Here!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Betta5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello, my first leopard gecko is here, i have been waiting for ages to get one. I only have a pic that the breeder took to advertise him,

nha1.jpg

Hes very active and much bigger than he looks in the pic as i expect it was taken a while ago. He has been looking around his tank but hes fallen asleep under a log.

Oh, can you feed them mealworm beetles? And can you use puppy biscuits as a gut loading food? (pet shop advice thought i would check it out)

Thanks

Do not feed them mealworms beatles.They are bad for them, just as non gutloaded and old mealworms are.For gutloading buy bug grub or something like calcium plus cricket food.Basically ALL descent reptile products can be purchased at livefoods.Leave him alone for a couple of days to let him get used to his surroundings.If not he may become stressed and won't eat. :blink: Hope this helps :good:

That was him as a hatchling. Its a monster of a thing now hehe, hes still young but about 3-4" SVL
He hasnt touched his mealworms do you think hes just settleing in?

Just tipped the mealworm bowl on its side and he ate 8. Oops bowl was to big, well im glad hes eating now.

I have to do the same with my leos and water dragon.They never get it into there head that food is in the bowl lol.Lazy things.

LOL yeah they are lazy, Dunno what to call him, was thinking speedy but nah. My nephew has called it kitty lool. Any ideas?

My royal python gets here next weekend cant wait :D

Nice, you will love your royal.My female has just reached 33 inches and still growing fast :D Awsome snakes, but are, well can be very picky feeders.Since last christmas mine has been on and off eating, but seems to be getting better.

Oh, can you feed them mealworm beetles? And can you use puppy biscuits as a gut loading food? (pet shop advice thought i would check it out)

Hi
I feed Oz (my leopard gecko) crickets - mealworms weren't digested properly and he got really bloated but skinny!
Aaaanyway my crickets live on fish food - they like it so much they breed when I feed them on it! Found that fresh fruit/veg just went off. Good tip for water for crickets - soak some cotton wool or sponge and have it in a shallow bowl. Stops the critters drowning! Although they do poop all over it :rolleyes:

Yours looks cute anyway :) Good luck!

By the way, look out for mischief. Oz hasn't read the book that says he can't climb or dig!

looks a nice leo.
any pictures of the tank and him now?
crickets or locusts are ok to feed. i se fish flakes and veg to gutload them. i remove any left over veg next day. grass is loved by locusts too.

Most reactions

trending

Back