My first fresh water planted tank with jungle style

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HenryThuong

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently I setup a new fresh water tank and it was my first planted tank. I thought it'd be great to show everyone the process from the beginning so I put together a video.

So hope you enjoin it and please give some comment/advice if you could. Thanks.

IMG_0528.jpg

WOW...what a great looking tank and a great video showing the setup process.
I hope you will enter that tank in one of our upcoming Tank of the Month contests!
Meanwhile, please vote in our present Fish of the Month contest. Just CLICK HERE to view the entries and then please vote!

PS: how large is that tank? Enjoy our forums!

WOW...what a great looking tank and a great video showing the setup process.
I hope you will enter that tank in one of our upcoming Tank of the Month contest!
Meanwhile, please vote in our present Fish of the Month contest. Just CLICK HERE to view the entries and then please vote!

PS: how large is that tank? Enjoy our forums!
Thanks, your feedback means a lot to me. The tank is 2 feet length with 1 feet wide (60cm x 30cm).

Hope you enter our October TOTM contest which will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 US gallons. Entry period starts Oct 1st and will last about 6 days.

Amazing tank and video, you have real talent!
I'm curious about the beach sand though, would that not contain salt, pollution, unwanted organisms? It would be better if your video told people how to avoid this.

Amazing tank and video, you have real talent!
I'm curious about the beach sand though, would that not contain salt, pollution, unwanted organisms? It would be better if your video told people how to avoid this.
Thank you for the kind words.

About the sand, ya it was my biggest mistake here. The first layer of sand was safe as I had it from my old tank and it was cleansed properly.

The second layer that I put in later though, was all problematic as it was newly collected. I kept it in the back of my head to wash it clean before putting into the tank. Then I was so tired setting up the tank late that I totally forgot about it. By the time I saw all those debris flying in the tank, it was too late. I was so angry with myself but had to try to clean it as much as I could, there's no way to undo that. So again, big mistake but I will be sure that it will not happen again.

I found that truly relaxing. I love the planning you out in. I'll be watching this again when setting up a new tank. It's a gorgeous tank -well done!

I found that truly relaxing. I love the planning you out in. I'll be watching this again when setting up a new tank. It's a gorgeous tank -well done!
Thanks, that's very encouraging for me. I'll try to get better and keep updating about this tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back