My First Fish Aquarium And My Betta Is Chasing The Molly Or Platys Occ

Cezza I went to Huge shop, they did mention the name but i forgot, They guaranteed zero aggression and i m the first in hand witness to this. Cmon You remember How i went sad when the betta was chasing the platys. I followed simple guidelines before agreeing. I assured myself of following points (these are common recommendations i found everywhere)

1. Should not be fin nippers
2. Should not possess male territory issues.
3. They are community fish.
4. They should not have large flowy fins so that betta finds it as other male betta.
5. Should be peaceful.
6. I chose the ones as of nearly 50% of the size of my Betta.
7. I specified for females. But the guy said sir these fish are small we can`t guarantee the sex . So am not sure of this ground.

And in the end I will say specifically about my ones . If it had been one then you can say that he has his individuality but no ...neither of the four do anything towards the Betta. Also My betta is a real Aggression loving one so for it not attacking another fish is splendid for sure.

your new fish are fine, its the betta thats the problem, he just wants to be alone, he may not attack them because they are quick but what will happen is the danios will get stressed with the betta chasing them and not be able to relax, the betta will be stressed with the quick fish and all your fish will get ill. You really are annoying. di

hiya m8,

glad you are making progress with your tank! you must be getting really p-ed off with everyone telling you you are doing the wrong things but really they are right!! we are not having a go, we just want the best for you and your fish. lfs should not be trusted to give good advice. they just want a sale. the 'rules' you followed are good ones but really there is no substitute for research. if you look into danios you will find that they really need a LOT of swimming space! they are fast moving wee things and this could be upsetting to your betta. i am not sure why you added anymore fish to the tank at the moment anyway...after all the problems you had it would have been better to wait. once again please do not follow whatever they tell you at the lfs. (actually the bigger the store, the more likely the sales staff have no experience and will give you a lot of BS!) research what fish you might like then post on here for advice and opinions. i am sure that everyone would have told you NOT to get danios!! we all want to help you and don't mean to sound critical but there is only so much we can do for someone who is just not willing to listen...no offense. i have no idea where you will go from here...if you want my advice (and i'm sure it won't go down well...sorry), i would take the danios back to the shop....and give them a good telling off for selling them to you in the first place! then do some proper research, come up with some ideas and post them up here for advice. if the shop won't refund your money, i suggest you use the credit to buy a good book on fishkeeping. your wee betta will be fine on its own for a while!!

L :good:

Yikes, you guys are right. Ah I messed up again. But everything seems ok here. Betta ignores them and is having a time for himself, also the danios four of em are having a good time within themselves. Will be getting a four feet tank in mid december after exams. If you still insist then will return the danios or rockets what there name should be right away. .that stores soooo. faarrrrrrr. Gulp

If you're tank is 2ft X 1ft X 18inches thats not a 20L tank, thats 22 US gallons, about 88 litres. Thats a pretty good size.

I never kept Danios, but you can keep quite a bit of other small fish with the Betta there for that size tank, if you decide to return the Danios. But I would suggest learning more about fishkeeping before adding some more fish, the fish aint going nowhere :lol: If you decide to get a four foot tank. I'd suggest you get a 75 gallon 4ft X 18in X 22" just give you more options. And second hand ones are cheaper, just make sure they dont leak, have the tank running when you go see it.

Good Luck! I like your positive attitude regardless of mistakes you've done :good:

+1! your attitude is great. least you're willing to admit your mistakes and learn from them! a 4ft tank in december!!! how exciting!! can't wait to hear your plans for stocking! keep us informed!

L :good:

yeah gifted the danios to a friend , looked at him smile, He already has a shoal of danios but not my color the flourescent orange just made him all excited. It was not the stressing of the fish, First when i realised that they need to be atleast six, I know how much fun u can have in a group and how even one is missing , it breaks your heart :blush:

alSo much of activeness on the part of Danios was actually giving ME stress :fun: , I enjoy soft and snobby fish, already lifes going so fast i would really prefer some relaxed pets around me. seriously guys i mean city life is stressful and stuff, and these danios are zooming and acting childish.duh turns me off. I may be being choosy(my sis just told me i m being choosy) but whats the point when you keep pets if you don`t love them. :D

And yeah You guys need to help me get the perfect combination to fill in the 4ft, hope dad allows me that big tank. :rolleyes:

Take care all. :)

Sounds good the danios are in a nice big tank with a bigger shoal, too!
When you get that 4ft we can definitely help you think up a nice stocking! You'll have to cycle it first though, so you still have plenty of time to come up with a stocking you like! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back