My First Fish Aquarium And My Betta Is Chasing The Molly Or Platys Occ

That be done then, Now where do i get peas in this season? and about fish flakes where do i get em? see i brought this 20g 'TOKYU baby pellets' floating type

Details

1.Shrimp meat,cuttle fish meat, wheat flour, sprirulinar protease, thiamine, riboflavin supplement, soyabean meal. Vitamin A,C,D,K,B2,B6,B12.Mineral zinc copper Iron,Cobalt,P, Magnessium, Amino Acid Benzoic Acid. :shout:

Wooh thats done. Reads nice XD. I guess it has loads of stuff , I am a veggie or else a neat set of minerals !! :blush:

Also this states should not exceed a five minute eaten dose . what does that mean ?

Frozen or even tinned peas will be fine, but don't worry too much about it; it's only a recommendation, not a rule :)

The pellets you have are perfectly fine; you can feed those instead of flake.

The 'five minute' thing means 'all your fish can eat in five minutes', but that's really too much, especially for a single betta! Two or three pellets a day will probably be enough; but see how large they are, compared to his eye; you may need to feed three or four, or perhaps only one or two if they're very big.

Don't forget that fish are cold blooded, so they need far less food for their size than a warm blooded animal :good:

Now this tank holds 20 litres water, the dimensions are length 2 feet, breadth 1 feet and height 1.5 feet (m not counting the cover)

not wanting to totally nullify 2 pages of peoples advice, but i seem to be the first that noticed a 2x1x1.5 surely isn't only 20L ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frozen or even tinned peas will be fine, but don't worry too much about it; it's only a recommendation, not a rule :)

The pellets you have are perfectly fine; you can feed those instead of flake.

The 'five minute' thing means 'all your fish can eat in five minutes', but that's really too much, especially for a single betta! Two or three pellets a day will probably be enough; but see how large they are, compared to his eye; you may need to feed three or four, or perhaps only one or two if they're very big.

Don't forget that fish are cold blooded, so they need far less food for their size than a warm blooded animal :good:

+1

Feed only as much food as your fish can eat in 2 mins. Fish, unlike us, dont have the reflex that tells them when they are full so will just keep eating if you feed them too much. A fish's stomach is roughly the size of its eye so they are really easy to overfeed.

Next time you have peas for dinner, put 2 or 3 aside. When they are cool, peel them & squish them up. Give as an occasional treat, it helps with constipation (the fish's, not yours) :good: .

Tom

Lol, now that you mention it, my tank is 2x1x1 and holds 60L. Going by the pictures though, it doesn't LOOK that big, though I may be wrong.

Oh My , am so sorry (real lazy bum I am) its 15 inch length 10 inch high and 8 inch breadth, thats it precisely. :hyper::blink: :X

Your advice for the betta is completely valid.

why do we keep mentioning india here?...im confused lol..has crunch7 said he's from india or something..i can't see where he's written that :/

as for what's in the bowl..my word..im no expert but...(i have no words..)

Like what everyone else has mentioned, do get a hold of a proper filter. It doesn't matter if it's made in China or some weird China brand. As long as it works and you've got good media in, it's better than a DIY one.

Great newz guys ,

Cleaned the water tank today,
Changed the filter medium to sponge only,
PLUS
Solved The Betta Compatibility Issue. Finally it does not need to be alone :fun:
However, I don`t know the name of the fish please check the pictures you will understand for sure. And yes not a trace of violence from the either side. yes no fin nipping, no chasing around, no fight for food too. these small ones are zooming in the tank playing "whos it" amongst themselves all the time. :lol: :lol:

http://img717.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=20110925195327111.jpg

Great newz guys ,

Cleaned the water tank today,
Changed the filter medium to sponge only,
PLUS
Solved The Betta Compatibility Issue. Finally it does not need to be alone :fun:
However, I don`t know the name of the fish please check the pictures you will understand for sure. And yes not a trace of violence from the either side. yes no fin nipping, no chasing around, no fight for food too. these small ones are zooming in the tank playing "whos it" amongst themselves all the time. :lol: :lol:

http://img717.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=20110925195327111.jpg

The water certainly looks clear and the new fish you have a Danio's (rerio) i think they are genetically altered though.

I can't say I know the names of your fish, but if you don't either I'm sure you haven't done enough research on them to know with 100% certainty they're compatible.

Not saying theyre not compatible, just that you REALLY need to research ANY fish before you add them to your tank.

Those fish that have stripes are zebra danios. Not to be mean or critical, but please, do your research before you buy fish. If you did do research, you would know that your first tank was too small, and you would know that male betas can be aggressive to anything that looks like them. Your danios appear to be GloFish, a version of the danio that has jelly fish DNA in it. What I suggest you do is go around this site or on Google, and read as many articles on your fish that you can. This will take a while. It took me MONTHS to research for my first tank. But...everything went fine. Your tank is about five gallons (US gallons) How many fish do you have??? Five gallons is good for a...betta. What I suggest is you look for a space in your house to put a ten gallon tank. That tank will weigh minimum 80 lbs when full. Cycle the tank, and then add everything but the beta to it. It will take work, but your fish will be happy and show vibrant colors, and be less likely to fall sick. Also, in a ten gallon tank you will have to change the filter cartridge less. But please, research, it is fun to learn about your fish, and it is very rewarding. :look: Oh, gosh I sound like a nerd.

Neomeris

Those look like some sort of danios, which aren't suitable for your betta. They zip around too fast which might anger him, plus they're brightly coloured and can be rather nippy. They also need to be in shoals of 6, and need a bigger tank than 20l.

Please, stop buying fish. Stick with the 1 betta. He's obviously aggressive and doesn't want any tank mates anyway, else he wouldn't have tried to chase those platies to death.
Sorry to be blunt, but that's just the way it is. They'd be better off taken back to the shop you got them from :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back