My first ever Killifish and updates (Blue Panchax)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Hello TFF, letā€™s start the journal, for those who donā€™t know; April 19 I found Blue Panchax school and Anacharis in the polluted river on the back of my house (which is next to clothing factory and peopleā€™s houses where everyone dump oil and weird stuff in the river :/)
I donā€™t catch them because its seems like torture an animal so I got only Anacharis, which is
About meters long.

Back at the house, I was trying to clean the Anacharis using hot water to kill midge larvae, blood worms and mozzies larvae but I never found out about killifish eggs until April 28.
I dont know how they survive because I washed the Anacharis with hot water everyday.

April 28
Found out about Blue Panchax fries (half a milimeters) in the bucket so I put him in 1 Gal tank.

8786E268-C0EF-4F74-89F3-514C79E12846.jpeg

Last edited:
Cute fry. Hope you can get more of the fish eggs and fry.

I think fish survival in the wild is harsh... Too many predators plus human beings who dumped toxic into the rivers.
It's good that you managed to rescued them.

Awesome! (If it were me I would do what colin said)

small (about 1mm diameter) round and clear for the first few days, then they start to go black as the fry develops inside.

small (about 1mm diameter) round and clear for the first few days, then they start to go black as the fry develops inside.
Can they be kept with other killifish as a school? @Colin_T
Itā€™s raining season here and look at the river, I cant even see fishes, imagine person falling down there...
Also what is the best killifish website for study about?

Attachments

• B6A49D45-5A8B-43DB-BB0C-39F461A2986C.jpeg
    B6A49D45-5A8B-43DB-BB0C-39F461A2986C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
Killifish are best kept on their own and not mixed with other species of killifish because the bigger males can bash the smaller males of other species. Some of them will also hybridise so keep one species per tank.

You can keep killifish with other small peaceful fish.

no idea on killifish websites.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back