My First Cat!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wendywc

Rocking a crabshell for a hat.
Reaction score
Well, a neighborhood kitten found her way to our yard back in late November. We fed her, so she kept coming back and staying on our back patio. And yes, I finally gave in right before Christmas and named her which makes her permanently ours now. Of course, shortly afterwards, it was discovered she's pregnant. :S So I don't know if I am blessed or cursed. Anyway, meet Miranda. ^_^

Named from the song that was stuck in my head at the time.
"Though I don't really understand her
I love my sister, her name's Miranda
The boys from uptown they can't stand her
The more she denies them the more they demand her
But she just wants to lay in bed all night
Reading Raymond Chandler..." --- Jim Caroll's Three Sisters

And contrary to what my friends think, no, I didn't get her because she matches the couch and pillows.
3174044069_f57c6a54a6_o_d.jpg

She does like to sleep alot and ontop of the hubby's laptop bag.
3174879326_ed79896464_o_d.jpg

3174043963_c0349b72b8_o_d.jpg

., so she kept coming back and staying on our back patio.

Nope!!... you did not decide to keep her..... She decided that she's gonna stay with you... Looks already settled in.

And if she has kittens... Say say it is more blessed to give than to receive... esp. when it's kittens.

lol she found a camouflage. cute kitty and i'm sure there will be even cuter kittens...you have to update her progress now and maybe some pic of miranda and her babies later on.

you were adopted congrats. we have had many of cats adopt us over the years and i will tell you this ally cats will make the best kitties. wither you choose to keep the kittens or not know you have already made a difference in her life because you gave her a home. bless your heart and good luck with her and the little ones.

Congrats on your new cat! Her lil black feeties look so cute. In most cat books there is a section about breeding and birthing cats. I'd just go to your local library and pick one out. there is probubly a lot of info on the internet too, I don't know if I would trust that though. You never really know if a person really knows what they are talking about on a regular web site. btw you may want to buy a lint roler, or two, or five. Cats shed a lot, or atleast mine did lol, I loved him. Also, make sure you bring your cat to the vet on a regular basis. Cats are very good at hiding illneses. Pleas keep us updated on the kittens!

its surprising how often cats go looking for humans to have as pets. it look more like you have been adopted. congratulations, if a cat chooses you to live with, you must be something special!

A pic a couple weeks before they were born.
11v1844.jpg

Fresh out. She gave birth on Tuesday night.
3266045037_1a3bd82904_b.jpg

3266046569_61ded08b30_b.jpg

Next day. I handed her some food so she could eat while they ate.
3266051209_39f410b332_b.jpg

Later that day with a fresh blanket.
3266878938_216de0982c_b.jpg

Friday, I wake up and she's moved them to the container I had in the closet for some reason. :S
3266055927_2dae1a9ed5_b.jpg

3266057159_d4de724f4d_b.jpg

This morning.
3266894034_93ebb38727_b.jpg

Whew! I'm tired just watching her.

All is well; all is healthy. She took care of everything. I've never seen anything like it before. She's just a great mom; all by instinct. :good:

aww,what gorgeous kittens, and what a lovely story, such a lucky cat to have found your home and not had the kittens outside.

congrats!!

:wub: Aaaw, too cute. Great pics, she looks like a brilliant mom. How many of each do you have??

Thanks for the comments, everyone! There are 6 kittens; and the mom is staying inside until they are weened and then she is spayed. No going out for her, that's for sure. As cute as they are, this is way too much worry and stress on me. I wanted to adopt one cat, not 7! :blink:

Very cool! That's really nice of you to adopt a stray and you not only helped her but her kittens too! Rescuing an animal from a shelter or a stray IMO is much better than breeding more pets because there is already millions of homeless pets out there.

More people should help/adopt stray cats (or dogs if you have them in your area too) It's a shame when people think of them as pests and kill them, they live outside life in hard enough, you wont see people sleeping outside instead of living in a house! Even spay/neutering strays helps too they wont reproduce and it reduces mammory and ovarian (females) or testicular (males) cancer.

soooo cute :wub: Congratulations to you and Miranda. She's a pretty kitty with some nice looking babies :D

Love the fat rolly polly shot...lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back