My first betta embrace

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

spanair

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hey guys, today for the first time I saw my betta (was a virgin) do the embrace for it's first time!, and he did pretty well. The girl also did an awsome job, shes now in a nice big jar with food and treated water for her nipped fins. Soon after the male will go out too as the babies should hatch in 24-36 hours from today at around 3 ish.

I managed to get some pics but they are pretty bad because of the lightning and the sahpe of this small aquarium in my room.

Ok the first pic is of the tank as it is, the water is shallow so the new born have easier acess to breath in the surface.
sorry about the typos too :blink:

Attachments

• aquarium.JPG
    aquarium.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 20
mum, she was stressed then because she was in the cup so she could climatise her to the aquarium water, then I added her into the breeding trap used for guppies,platties etc to leave her there for a few days. Then I released her and she was pursude by the male and bitten onto. But she looks really beatyfull, she's a red girl with blue dots on her fins when shes ok and not stressed like in the picture.

Mummy.

Attachments

• fbetta.JPG
    fbetta.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 28
Then icought them embracing together, and called my mum and step dad to watch. We all watched with amazement as we witnessed such a beautyfull thing :wub:

Attachments

• embrace2.JPG
    embrace2.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 32
Once she stopped giving eggs, I took her out and put her on a nice big jar.

But here is some *bad* shots of him catching the eggs :wub:, you can see 3 eggs falling besides him, the 3 white grains, blurry :huh:

Attachments

• eggcolleting.JPG
    eggcolleting.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 27
And then when he was done with the eggs and she didnt give any more egs I took her out.

So now it's time to wait, when they hatch I will post more pictures.

here is the nest, but looks a bit different now that he's been playing with the eggs and putting it the way he likes it.

Attachments

• donenest.JPG
    donenest.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 25
Well that's all the pictures for now, more will come as soon as the eggs hatch or I catch the small fellas. I hope you enjoyed watching the pictures, for me it was a unique experience that I loved very much seing it happen.

Ur lucky like beaves and buthead just to say " HE SCORED" LOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

They really are beautiful when they spawn, I cried the first time that I watched mine :rolleyes:

:-( lol thats so sweet :D :-( :D

Not sure how many they are, but around 50-100 not that many but not bad for a first timer ;)

I will post pics of the new fellas, cant wait :thumbs: :D

Most reactions

Back