My Fire Belly Newt Tank Set Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

what i mean is the chinese fire-bellys are often fatter than the japanese ones and this is a good way to tell them apart according to a book i read few weeks ago

humm, but that's not, actually the case. your book seems at odds with, virtually, all the reference material. (available to me) and the experience of those i know who keep one or the other. the Japanese variant grows both, slightly, bigger and is noticeably fatter.

This makes sense, if you think about it. as the JFBN spends more time out of the water. it would need more body mass to conserve the heat it has!! ONLY GUESSING HERE :hyper:

yes i can see where your coming from, but is there the need for arrogance?

If it is arrogant to point out someone is passing on, what appears to be, incorrect information. knowingly or not. and then to reiterate my point, when challenged. then yes, i guess there is. ~You could have checked you information, at any time, with a simple Goggle search. but chose not to~

After your first comment, i thought perhaps my thoughts on it may have been wrong. so i checked the literature i have here, and visited all my usual haunts, and did a Goggle too. i found that, it looks like my thoughts were correct. so i posted to make my statment.
I'm sorry you feel it arrogant :rolleyes:

Would these newts be ok in the set-up for the rest of their lives then, growing to the 4-6 inches or so that has been said???

If it is arrogant to point out someone is passing on, what appears to be, incorrect information. knowingly or not. and then to reiterate my point, when challenged. then yes, i guess there is. ~You could have checked you information, at any time, with a simple Goggle search. but chose not to~

After your first comment, i thought perhaps my thoughts on it may have been wrong. so i checked the literature i have here, and visited all my usual haunts, and did a Goggle too. i found that, it looks like my thoughts were correct. so i posted to make my statment.

I didn't see any arrogance whatsoever, very informative read - are FBNs strictly species tank?

I didn't see any arrogance whatsoever, very informative read - are FBNs strictly species tank?

I'm inclined to say yes. but i have a CAE in with mine. if any fish you keep are apt to nip or rasp, they will die quickly (FBN toxin can kill a human). and there is the problem of the newts "casts". if fish eat them, they will die too. all that said, dnn3 has a 12 year old CFBM in a normal community tank. I guess it depends on how you view your fish stock. my three, may, end up in an 30g community. but the dessisiion has not been made yet!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back