My cycling update thread...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You just wait for the Nitrite to show up. If your ammonia has dropped that much then Nitrite should be showing up as the ammonia has been turned into Nitrite.

Regarding your test readings. Looks like they are still pretty much the same which is to be expected at this stage. It takes awhile for the ammonia eating bacteria to really get to a point were they are making a dent on the ammonia and you see nitrite showing up.
Ok... But why are nitrAtes showing up than?

Ok... But why are nitrAtes showing up than?
From the photo it looks to me like it is still reading zero?

Water coming out of the intake.. I assume that water is just dripping back into the tank? If so probably not a big deal. If it is on a join or seal a little bit of superglue will probably stop it leaking.

From the photo it looks to me like it is still reading zero?

Water coming out of the intake.. I assume that water is just dripping back into the tank? If so probably not a big deal. If it is on a join or seal a little bit of superglue will probably stop it leaking.
No my nitrates are around 2-3 ppm because its a darker yellow... Not bright but not orange....

Well its overflowing into the tank... its not coming out of the actual intake tube... just overflowing out of the chamber

Are you using the sponge that came with the filter?

If so, I'd be willing to bet it is clogged...
I could take it out and check it later today ig... I have a sponge at the bottom with 2 bags of ceramic rings at the top... The water comming out isnt much but it is a continuous stream

Are you using the sponge that came with the filter?

If so, I'd be willing to bet it is clogged...
The ceramic rings are pretty grimy just at the top... Who knows what's in that sponge 😕😬

I could take it out and check it later today ig... I have a sponge at the bottom with 2 bags of ceramic rings at the top... The water comming out isnt much but it is a continuous stream
Sponge is clogged....squeeze out/rinse well in tank water, and replace...BE CERTAIN all of the media stays wet during the process...turn off the filter (of course) while cleaning the sponge

One of the many reasons I stopped using sponges, long ago...

Sponge is clogged....squeeze out/rinse well in tank water, and replace...BE CERTAIN all of the media stays wet during the process...turn off the filter (of course) while cleaning the sponge

One of the many reasons I stopped using sponges, long ago...
Ok... So just wring it out in the aquarium?? Let all the muck go back in?

Still the newbie here but maybe I can explain it a little better. Take enough water out of the tank into a bucket to rinse out the sponge. Don't use tap water to rinse it. Add treated water back to replace what you took out which shouldn't be much

Still the newbie here but maybe I can explain it a little better. Take enough water out of the tank into a bucket to rinse out the sponge. Don't use tap water to rinse it. Add treated water back to replace what you took out which shouldn't be much
I'll wait to see what others have to say, but that may work. Thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back