My cycling update thread...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ok... There is one thing I'm confused with... They say every 3 days test... Does this mean the day after tomorrow I test or does that mean the day after the day after tomorrow?
@Bruce Leyland-Jones @Essjay. What do you guys think about this? Sorry if I bugged you with the tag...

Also, tested today and the ammonia seems to be a little lower but still in that 2-4ppm range. It also looks as if I have 0 nitrites and I possibly have about 2-3ppm nitrates... Am I doing something wrong?

@Bruce Leyland-Jones @Essjay. What do you guys think about this? Sorry if I bugged you with the tag...
No problem, but personally, I dislike the so-called 'fishless' cycle, as I believe that it's overly complicated, artificial and requires both maths and chemistry and very little by way of actual fishtank care.
I cannot offer any advice on making it happen, or if things go wrong with it, as they often seem to do.

I'll just test every day... Hope for the best and then when its down to 0.75ppm ammonia and nitrites are over 2ppm I'll put another 3ppm in

If nothing happens this week with nitrites... Ill have to buy some bb

Hey Rocky. I am new and cycling my first tank. I thought it would take up to a week or so for any nitrites to be detectable.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back