My cycling update thread...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Soaking is better...boiling breaks down the fibres and softens the wood, so it won't last long.
True, also one question... Should I do weekly water changes while it cycles? Or will that mess up the ammonia levels to make it cycle?

I wouldn't bother with water changes while cycling. Just makes life more complicated.

You can use cotton wool and super glue to stick the wood to the rock and keep it held down. That's what I did with mine. Saves having to soak it for days.

I wouldn't bother with water changes while cycling. Just makes life more complicated.

You can use cotton wool and super glue to stick the wood to the rock and keep it held down. That's what I did with mine. Saves having to soak it for days.
I have like 5 pounds of rock on top of the dang thing... I think its good lol

Yes, during a fishless cycle, WC's are not usually needed (until the very end, before adding fish, to get nitrAte levels down)....whereas with fish-in cycling, WC's can be a daily necessity

One of the many reasons fishless cycling is the preferred method...less stress on the fish, and less stress on the fishkeeper ;)

Yes, during a fishless cycle, WC's are not usually needed (until the very end, before adding fish, to get nitrAte levels down)....whereas with fish-in cycling, WC's can be a daily necessity

One of the many reasons fishless cycling is the preferred method...less stress on the fish, and less stress on the fishkeeper ;)
Ok, thank you for your help! Much appreciated!

Ok... There is one thing I'm confused with... They say every 3 days test... Does this mean the day after tomorrow I test or does that mean the day after the day after tomorrow?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back