My cycling update thread...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Still the newbie here but maybe I can explain it a little better. Take enough water out of the tank into a bucket to rinse out the sponge. Don't use tap water to rinse it. Add treated water back to replace what you took out which shouldn't be much
^^ This ^^

I just use a clean plastic bowl to clean my media in old tank water, big enough to hold enough water to immerse my media....no need for a bucket ;)

^^ This ^^

I just use a clean plastic bowl to clean my media in old tank water, big enough to hold enough water to immerse my media....no need for a bucket ;)
Well sense I have a bucket for this... I'll just get enough water to "clean" the media

I'm thinking I shouldnt do a water change... It'll mess with the water parameters for the cycle... And right now... I think the gunk is helping with the cycle... I just feel like I should wait

1020211333.jpg

I'm thinking of making a 1/20 bleach solution and washing this out to use for fish food!! What do you all think?

I'm thinking I shouldnt do a water change... It'll mess with the water parameters for the cycle... And right now... I think the gunk is helping with the cycle... I just feel like I should wait
No reason for a WC (most of the time) during a fishless cycle

Fill the filter??
When you turn off the filter, it will empty to match the level of the tank, through gravity-siphon

It won't empty ALL of the way, just enough to match the level of the water in the tank

Use fresh dechlored water to top off the filter (and tank)

When you turn off the filter, it will empty to match the level of the tank, through gravity-siphon

It won't empty ALL of the way, just enough to match the level of the water in the tank

Use fresh dechlored water to top off the filter (and tank)
Oh ok... So it'll be a teensy water change I do basically...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back