The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
:wub: :wub: Thought I would introduce Ginger :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
She is a Short haired Tabby.

I got her when i was just starting Comprehensive School.

How we got her was also a interesting story and its all true.

OK

So it is the middle of my 1st term in comp.
We are all in the living room and playing the snes.
All of a sudden a small Canary flies into the Veranda and lands on the Table and then finds itself a perch.
We catch it and call the RSPCA - Nice lady says that someone will pop round within a day-or-so and have a look. They say that we can keep her if no-one aska about her.
So I go over to my freind who kept sooooo many animals. Goats Dogs cats t.fish + Pirhanas, Doves, Canaries, KOI, pigeons,ferrets, rats, cockateils, Lovebrids, Finches, Quails, Rabbits, Chinchillas.

Ask if he has any spare cages and some feed.

A few days later RSPCA Inspector visits - Checks out the Canary and says we can keep it.
While he is here my Parents explain that due to the heavy building work going on in the area we now have Black mice as do most of the neighbours. We could see them sneaking around the garden in the early hours.
He says he is going to pick up 3 Cats from an elderly lady who can't cope with the males. If we want he will ring once they have been cleared fo viewing.

The next week my Mum and Dad go up to see the cats.
Mum falls in love at first sight with Ginger, She was so tiny and wa huddled in her temp.home.

So as We have already had an inspector to the house we can have her.
So a few days later we all go up to fetch her. On the journey back from the RSPCA she is so skittish that she wets herself all over my new clothes.

Unluckily one day while my gran was baby sitting my Little Little Bros. Ginger go to the Canary that was named tweety and took off her head. She figured out how to raise the sliding panels and caught her.

Since then she had killed 3 of my Birds.
The last being My Red Breasted Golden Waxbill, whos partner was killed by a rat(Rat go in to the house from somewhere and was living underneath the Cage Stand. We never saw it untill after the Bird had died and we moved the cage and there it was sitting their staring back at us).
It had been eating there seed.

The waxbill was my own fault, I closed the door to the Computer room without checking if she was in there, when i came back the bird had been beheaded by her.

Ginger has been thru the wars with all the male cats and some of the strays in the area. Each time she will legg it back inside and wait for 1 of us to go to her so that she knows she has backup, then she goes on the offensive against whoever she encounters.

Well here she is

thanks.

She is so precious, don't know what i'll do when she pops her cloggs.

She is my longest owned pet.
My other was a Kelly Labrador/Alsation Cross, also Ginger/Tan + White.
Still miss Nicky as she was called, We even named the Photography Studio after her.

Quick turnaround in the chat there gill!

sorry.

just noticed the icon and had a quick look, thats all.

24 :wub:

hope she gets to 30 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back