My big lad

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

colie

Reaction score
So I've had my tropical aquarium now for about 2 and half years. I struggled starting up because I was pretty clueless and I made the mistake of going to a garden centre to buy my first fish and it didnt go so well. Long story short I ended up with four beefcake gourami that killed all of my other fish which I had been advised would go well with them. Anyway time went on and I tried a few different fish (via different shops and advisories) and I still had the same result. However... one day I happened to be passing through a dreaded garden centre and I noticed a tank of weather loach. I've always like them since I was little because theyre pretty mental and I like that about them. So I
IMG_0793.JPG
asked if they would be suited to a tropical tank, the guy said yeh, so I got one. He is called Mr Squiggle. He is the boss of the tank and put the beefcake gourami right in place. I never would have thought that he would be the peace keeper of the tank but he is. He chased the gourami down every time they were getting pushy wiht the other fish and made it so I could introduce more fish aswell. He has done nothing but thrive, eat, play and grow since I got him. I last measured him at 26cm in length and his colours are beautiful. I just wanted to share my thoughts on him because I never thought I would be so emotionally attached to a fish, but I absolutely love him.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back