My Betta is a little off

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You need some plants including some floating ones, your tank is way to bright for a Betta and with no plants to hide in he is stressed.

The more plants the Betta.
One of my tanks.
2w2natx.jpg

PS

Just by looking at that photo I can see that the current created by your hang on back filter is too strong for a Betta.

You need some plants including some floating ones, your tank is way to bright for a Betta and with no plants to hide in he is stressed.

The more plants the Betta.
One of my tanks.
2w2natx.jpg
Any plants that are recommended or just plants. I'm sorry, I know I'm annoying, I'm just new to this and the "pet store" I went to had no idea what the fish were or how much to charge me for them either, I think it's just a cover up for something else, so he couldn't tell me anything. I got the swordtail the guppy and 1 thing of food for $21....

I know I'm annoying,
I disagree, you are not annoying at all.

I recommend
Amazon Swords
Vallisneria
Anubias.
Crypts
Blue stricta

For floating plants Water sprite is great

I disagree, you are not annoying at all.

I recommend
Amazon Swords
Vallisneria
Anubias.
Crypts
Blue stricta

For floating plants Water sprite is great
OK got it, I'll keep you updated with the progress! Thank you again so much!

Also 72f is a little cool for bettas, they prefer warmer water around 78f so try upping the temp a bit too :)

OK got it, I'll keep you updated with the progress! Thank you again so much!
And Nick mentioned that the water flow from your filter is too strong for your betta. If you don't have one where you can adjust the flow, you can always baffle the filter outtake yourself to redirect the water flow so the current isn't pounding down on the fish.
Although the music in this video is annoying, its a good visual guide on how to make a cheap. safe baffle for your filter. You literally need tape, a cleaned water bottle (don't clean with any soap or other chemical) and scissors.
Here is the link

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back