My Baby Neons are dying

Nathrakh

Reaction score
Over the last day 4 out of 10 of my neons have died, and the other don't look to well. I have a 140 litre tank that's been running for five week now (I added the neons three weeks ago and all seemed well until this weekend). They have two other tankmates; a red whiptail catfish and a Golden pleco (both of which are fine). Just wondering whether any of you had any ideas what I could have done wrong.

hi there - wondered if you had tested your water (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) - could you post the results - and have you added anything new to the tank over the last week or so?

neons are so soft i wonder how they become so popular
i had a similar spate of neon death, but these were mostly accompanied by damaged fins - never found out who or what damaged them
the latest batch of 10 are doing OK in quarantine pending being added to the new big tank.

Hey Nath, i agree that neons are sensitive fish. Did u add any aquarium salt? Neons do not like it and it burns them. I haven't had any of my glowlights, neons or black neons die on me even when i did add salt (i didn't know at the time) but be careful. Also is your water unbalanced(ammonia,nitrite, ph) b/c neons will be one of the first to give u signs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back