My Baby Double Tail

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mamashack said:
You can get didfferent size leaves so maybe you got the large ones. Not to worry you can cut them in half like you suggested - just keep the unused bits dry and they should be ok.
Alright. Next time I need to order some I'll be on the lookout for a smaller size, thanks :) 

So question: Is this white showing up on his body indicative of marbling or can bettas just have white skin???

securedownload-8.jpg

securedownload1-6.jpg

securedownload2-2.jpg

securedownload3-1.jpg

securedownload4-1.jpg

What I see looks normal, I can't see anything that indicates marbling but I am toying with the idea that this fish may infact be a female and what you can see is her eggs beginning to ripen within her, you need to see if you can encourage a bubblenest, to do this there must be an area of very little flow and a piece of almond leaf or similar for a nest to be built under, whilst some females may occasionally build nests males will do it much more readily, I put a so called young female in a breeding trap with an IAL and the following day there was a huge bubble nest no doubt he is definitely male! so try it and see 
smile.png
your nerite snail is definitely a female, I can see her tiny white eggs on your glass 
smile.png

But there is a definite beard and there isn't an egg spot. I can't get a pic of the flaring because the only way to do that is to hold a mirror in front of him so I can't take the pic if the mirror is in the way :/

He does certainly look male fin wise, how big is he? I have a very young male only about an inch in length, the other thing that makes me think perhaps female is the stress striping, this is much more common in females they will do it to tiny amounts of stress where as males need alot of abuse before they show theirs lol, my young male hasn't done it since I bought him home over a month ago, any attempts at bubble nesting?
Moby the Goby 2577.jpg

He's about an inch long. I don't have anything floating at the top of my tank yet. It's almost time to put a new IAL so in a few days I'll float one of those and see what happens.

I must have done something right/different, Spiderman didn't stripe up after the water change today
biggrin.png

photo.JPG                      photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG                   photo 3.JPG

photo4.jpg

(I'm sorry, I don't know why the thumbnails are doing that bc they are the right side they need to be on my computer)

I haven't updated in a minute so here's a plethora of pictures
smile.png

IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_0172.jpg
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Annnnnnnnnddddd here's a video :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxdxuBaIIpo&feature=youtu.be

He's so pretty :D Glad he stopped getting the stress lines. Cute vid as well!

Ninjouzata said:
He's so pretty
biggrin.png
Glad he stopped getting the stress lines. Cute vid as well!
Thanks! He still get's a little stripey but I've noticed it's less frequent. My little man's growing up :') lol

betta fish said:
Aww he's lovely 
wub.png
Thank you, thank you :) 

I have moved the tank over to my boyfriend's appartment (since I bassically live here now :p). The tank move was yesterday and I think his cat just now noticed the fish.
(Sorry the pics are turned, idk why it keeps doing that when I upload through my phone)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
The cat batting at the tank isn't the same as tapping on the glass is it (because if Finding Nemo taught me anything it was to not tap on the glass... Or shake the bag... Or have an awful niece named Darla)?

Spiderman actually seems really interested in the cat. (The cat's name is Reggie by the way). Reggie was just a pawing at him and he wasn't swimming away or looked intimidated at all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back