My Baby Double Tail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thank you ^-^ 
It would be really great if his body turned red and blue too but other than the little blue specs I'm seeing idk if that'll happen or maybe the body just changes slower than the fins *shrug* anyways he's super great :D

Can't help but post pics because he's so pretty ^-^
securedownload-5.jpeg

Better pics of flaring
securedownload1-4.jpeg

securedownload2-1.jpeg

I can see the love you have for him! Hehee

Hi Spidey!

Since I have been feeding him better quality food and putting a mirror up to the tank for him to flare at his color has stayed really strong. I'm excited to see how his body color turns out.

So glad that he is enjoying the one that you made.  He looks great-he has really developed since you brought him home.

So pretty, glad he's using his cave! :)

I've been trying to see if I can fogure out how old he is. I called petco and theu said when they get the babies that are a month old. So woth that information I am now thinking he'll be 3 months old (that was my guess when I gist got him. I didn't know theu were sold that young!). If anyone who has breed bettas for a while and who are familiar with thier looks at different ages wants to put their two cents in I would appreciate it.

Could he be a plakat with fins that shape? Hmm Not sure if you can get double-tailed plakats
Whatever he/she is, that is one beautiful fish!

Today the one month mark since I bought my betta betta! He's gone from an unknown gender with a girl's name to Spiderman lol

From when I first got him                                      to what he has grown into
20140416_210320.jpg securedownload (1).jpeg

securedownload (2).jpeg

securedownload.jpeg

securedownload3.jpeg

I finally got him settled back into his tank after having to move it from school to back home (these pics were taken this morning before the moving process started). Poor thing lost all his color. But as soon as I acclimated him and put him back in his tank his color started to come right back :) .

Yup he is ^-^
Are bettas picky eaters? I've noticed when I give him the frozen foods he'll ignore some bits and I think its weird since they're glutinous little fish but he'll just completely ignore some bits and go after other bits. He's an odd little thing lol.

My betta doesn't like pellets that are too big and will spit then out.  When I feed frozen blood worms I have found that cutting up works better than giving him an entire worm.  Are the bits of frozen foods too big for him?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back