My Baby Double Tail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They spit pellets out when they are too hard and are trying to soften them - I soak my betta pellets for ½hr minimum and just for comparison their stomach is the same size as their eye, so they only need tiny amounts really. Mine gets 3 soaked pellets every morning and he wolfs them down.

Mamashack said:
Could he be a plakat with fins that shape? Hmm Not sure if you can get double-tailed plakats
Whatever he/she is, that is one beautiful fish!
I know you posted this a while ago but I was looking up double tail plakats and they do exist. Based off of what I saw and how my betta's fins are growing I would say your guess was a good one because he looks like every pic I was seeing.

And I only feed him pellets ever so often. I just think it's really funny how he'll gobble up all the pellets or freeze dried brine shrimp when he is fed that but with his frozen food it's like he just ignores the bits he doesn't like. The kind that I have is just labeled variety pack so it does have a little bit of veggies in it. I wonder if that's it. If the veggies smell different from the insects in it or something along those lines and he can just root out the stuff he wants.

Bettas are so smart aren't they!? And he is gonna be a real colourful fishy

KieranBoyne said:
Bettas are so smart aren't they!? And he is gonna be a real colourful fishy
They really are. And i think he will be too ^-^

The almond leaves arrived today!!!
securedownload.jpeg
I had no idea they were so big
confused.gif

Spiderman checking it out
securedownload (4).jpeg

Is it a bed???
securedownload (1).jpeg

I don't knoooowww
securedownload (3).jpeg

What is it for???
securedownload (2).jpeg

I do have a question for the masses though. As you can see the leaf is blocking the light to my plants
confused.gif
(I've pushed it to the back glass of the tank), anyone have any ideas on how to fix that??? I have thought about cutting the leaf in half and have the halves on top of one another but I would really like to avoid that because Spiderman has gone onto the leaf several times to investigate the bits that are under the water. I know some bettas like to rest near the surface of the water on leaves so I would like to see if her enjoys that instead of just taking it away without ever knowing. 

Great pics! lol
I used to push mine behind the internal filter or the heater just to stop it floating around. Can't really see what set up you've got tho.
Got a plastic leaf on a suction cup for him to lie on near the surface altho I have never seen him use it to date!
When I say mine I mean the IAL not the betta! lol

If you want, you can break the leaves up, or you can poke a hole through the center. This will allow the leaves to sink. Or if you just shove them under the water for a few seconds, they will start to sink on their own. 

Mamashack said:
Great pics! lol
I used to push mine behind the internal filter or the heater just to stop it floating around. Can't really see what set up you've got tho.

Here's a pic of my set up
securedownload (1).jpeg

There's no room for it to sink
confused.gif
 But I fiddled with it for a minute and as long as it stays like this securedownload.jpeg then all my plants have access to the light. There's not really a current in my tank (except for like directly under the out take) so if for some reason that doesn't work I guess I'm going to have to break it up into pieces.

It's looking good to me!! Clever idea to put the leaf near the filter! I wouldn't have thought of that :D

KieranBoyne said:
It's looking good to me!! Clever idea to put the leaf near the filter! I wouldn't have thought of that :D
Thanks :) it opened up a little and it turned my water a light tea color :)/ I was really hoping it wouldn't noticeably change the wayer color but oh well I guess. As long as its good for Spideran I guess it doesn't mater what I like lol) so I can't really tell of the movement is blocking some light to my java fern.

If you don't like the colour but want the healing soothing effects try Easy Life Catappa X which is IAL extract. It is a pale tea colour but once in the tank doesn't show.
I like the colour of tea in the tank but that's just personal preference.

Yeah I also like the tea colour but it's not my tank lol. And if it's good for the fish then why not? :)

Wellp, the leaves didn't stay afloat. I managed to put one piece of the leaf precariously against two sides of the tanks so they are out of the way lol. With how big these leaves are I think next time I'm only going to put in half a leaf at a time. Will that release enough tannis to still be beneficial???

KieranBoyne said:
Yeah I also like the tea colour but it's not my tank lol. And if it's good for the fish then why not?
smile.png
Yea I' m not too worried about it. I just hope it doesn't mess with picture quality when I try to post updated pictures
confused.gif

Edit: Just tested the picture thing. Can't really tell in the photo so it's all good 
securedownload-7.jpeg

You can get didfferent size leaves so maybe you got the large ones. Not to worry you can cut them in half like you suggested - just keep the unused bits dry and they should be ok.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back