My Baby Arrows

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks good, did you put epoxy resin or something similar on the wood before painting it? Or is the blue stuff a type of epoxy?

the only thing that needed epoxy was the front where the glass is glued in and we used fiberglass cloth and fiberglass rezin i wanted it to be real stiff to hold the glass up
the blue stuff is a non toxic liqued rubber paint that moves and bends like a pool liner theres no need for epoxy

Well, good for you. I can tell you from my heart it is very, very nice to be proved wrong :D How big is that thing?!

thank you so much..i have to tell u its been a fun build so far :shout: the tank is just shy of 360g

so i also had the project Inspector stop over yeasterday and check the stand out..just wanted to make shur it would hold the tank up...a buddy of mine built a tank like this and said its always a good idea

1341925954757.jpg
120710_0002.jpg
1341926048343.jpg

so he did give me the full go ahead on the project

Looks good, did you put epoxy resin or something similar on the wood before painting it? Or is the blue stuff a type of epoxy?

the only thing that needed epoxy was the front where the glass is glued in and we used fiberglass cloth and fiberglass rezin i wanted it to be real stiff to hold the glass up
the blue stuff is a non toxic liqued rubber paint that moves and bends like a pool liner theres no need for epoxy
Very nice, you got a link to the blue rubber paint? Might look into for next time i build one.

Very nice, you got a link to the blue rubber paint? Might look into for next time i build one.

yea deff man um theres 4 kinds i looked into usein and ill explan why i didnt use the other 3 other then the one i used

1st on is called aquagard and i found from froms people that used it said it really watery like it will drip down the walls but hears the link http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/search.do?freeText=aquagard&resultPref=all&page=GRID&engine=msn&keyword=aquaguard_paint

2nd is stuff called rubbriz it i found from talking to people that tryed to get 1 or 2 gallons they wanted nothing to do with it like they are just looking for bulk buyers this is the link https://www.rubberizeit.com/liquid-rubber-for-ponds-aquaponics-and-water-features/

3rd is called zavlar liquid rubber this stuff is nice alot of people use it for ponds and plywood tanks but when i put my order in a day later i got a phone call saying it was on back order and it would be 3to4 weeks for it to get shipped so i was like poo on u hahahah hears the link http://www.greencoatings.ca/liquid_rubber_zavlar.php

ok the stuff i used is called pool paint im gonna thro up a link but u cant get it at home depot anymore i found the gallon i used at my hard where store for 45 dollers p.s the all the rest where 80bucks and up for a gallon that a big facter when for me lolol hears the link http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100672126/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=pool+paint&storeId=10051

now plz read all and base ur own thouts on what u wont but the stuff i used went on great every coat i couldnt beleve how well it coats the only draw back is the time inbetween coats and u have to weant 7 days befor u fill with water

well i hope this help.... :good:

Great! Ill be following this. For sure!

well i hope i dont disapoint

Looking forward to watching this!

thanks man its been a great build so far and i hope u and everyone enjoy :hey:

woooooot todays updats :drool: ok im pumpin 2 680gph pumps that would in thout be pumpin 1360gph but u have to acount the 3 90 degree angles on both pumps witch all to gether are 6 and each of them cut at least 30gph so 3 equal a loss of 80gph so 6 90s will equal 160gph loss :X that hurts lol pluse u have to facter in the footege of how far ur pumpin the water from the pump to the tank so just say 0feet will pump 680gph 1ft will pump 600gph 3ft thats what im gowin is 437gph 2 pumps is 874gph thats almost dubble what i need but u cant ever over filter so why not :hey: ill draw a pic for everyone to see but this is what i got for the filters ill tell u the thout behind each step

ok so all i got is 2 rubber maid tubs and 2 three tear draws
120710_0004.jpg
but as u see is its way to tail to have the lid on so i cut it
120710_0005.jpg
pluse it wouldnt fit under the stand but this is what it looks like cut
120710_0005.jpg

i put 2 of the same pics up sorry

that said
1341953492485.jpg
thats what it looks like in the tub but there wasnt enuff water gowin thro and i allready figgerd out what to do and ill show in the drawings after but this is the pic
120710_0008.jpg
that one pump running and the water is flowin throw the bottom and out the back trust me ill show u why

ok this is what i was talkin about with loss of gph per how far up ur pumping the water
gph.png

this is the filter for the tank lol i am so sorry for the drawings i know they suck but im just tryin to show u guys how everything works lololol
pump.png
woooot.png
plz dont be to mean about the drawings lolololol :sick:

red tail cat aro and oscars are not a good mix

if you do put them in a 125 that will last you 1 year at most if you get rid of the red tail

the aros well thats another story the 2 you have there is to much of a size difference the big one will beat the small one up even if they were in a 500 gal

oscars pick on aros

a silver aro can grow to 4ft long they can bend well so you can get away with a 3ft wide tank but it would need to be 8ft long min 4ft wide would be better

aros grow fast about 1-1.5inch per month

i wouldnt bother with the 125g because as soon as you set that up you will need to start looking for another bigger tank

but first things first get rid of the red tail as sooooo many people say they will get the bigger tank when needed but 9 x out of 10 it never happens

red tail cat aro and oscars are not a good mix

if you do put them in a 125 that will last you 1 year at most if you get rid of the red tail

the aros well thats another story the 2 you have there is to much of a size difference the big one will beat the small one up even if they were in a 500 gal

oscars pick on aros

a silver aro can grow to 4ft long they can bend well so you can get away with a 3ft wide tank but it would need to be 8ft long min 4ft wide would be better

aros grow fast about 1-1.5inch per month

i wouldnt bother with the 125g because as soon as you set that up you will need to start looking for another bigger tank

but first things first get rid of the red tail as sooooo many people say they will get the bigger tank when needed but 9 x out of 10 it never happens

This is why we don't give preschoolers crayons....because they draw on the wall and can't read anything... Next time read everything in the forum before you allow your brain to put a signal to your fingers to type "crap" (cuz i can't say the word I want to).

"but first things first" Oscars if fed non live food are very dosil and their tank mates are dosil as well....if you feed your oscars live feeders or any fish of that sort they will become very aggresive. Anyone that has an oscar will know that. I'm not trying to be mean but don't speak on a forum that you have no idea or have not read anything about.

On to the Aros... thank you for being the 100th person to tell me how fast Aros grow....wanna biscut? I know this dude i'm not retarted.

And to prove my point that you did not take the time to read this forum in its entirty.... i no longer have a RTC so moving on....oh wait you missed the fact that there never was a 125g and there is a plywood 360g in progress....

so when you actually take the time to read all that I have to share on this forum maybe then we can have an intelligent conversation!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who are reading and following this forum from begining to end..... updates in a few days. :shout:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back