My axolotl, Kirby!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

That is a mosaic Ludwigia plant. I talked my mom into buying a tub of it for the koi pond when we were at a pond plant water garden, and got her permission to take a few stems for Kirby.View attachment 141051View attachment 141052

View attachment 141053View attachment 141054View attachment 141055View attachment 141056

I got a few better photos of him today! I found my phone, which takes better photos. I lost it, turns out it fell under my bed.

Someone really ought to tell him worms are for eating, not wearing;):wub:

View attachment 141057
AWW gorgeous plant reminds me of parrot feather, theres a lot in a place i go to to look at wild native floaters
kirby is also very derpy in one photo!!

AWW gorgeous plant reminds me of parrot feather, theres a lot in a place i go to to look at wild native floaters
oooooooo! Yeah it is really lovely from the top, I dont really care for how the stem looks though. Parrot's feather is really cool looking!
kirby is also very derpy in one photo!!
:rofl:

Nice clears pics of Kirby. What model phone are you using?

You don't need a chiller unit for axos. We have them in tanks in Australia and the water temperature hits 30C during summer and drops to 5-10C (indoors) in winter.
in their natural habitat, the temperature of the water doesn't go above 70F
do you have a death wish for the axolotl or something?
if an animal survives, it does not automatically mean that it's happy
In their natural habitat the water evaporates, they lose their gills and become terrestrial animals. They also die a year or two later.

Wow! I wonder if them being bred, born, and raised in those temps has to do with their tolerance for it?
Most of the axos sold in Australia are imported from Asia/ Indonesia.

That is a mosaic Ludwigia plant. I talked my mom into buying a tub of it for the koi pond when we were at a pond plant water garden, and got her permission to take a few stems for Kirby.View attachment 141051View attachment 141052

View attachment 141053View attachment 141054View attachment 141055View attachment 141056

I got a few better photos of him today! I found my phone, which takes better photos. I lost it, turns out it fell under my bed.

Someone really ought to tell him worms are for eating, not wearing;):wub:

View attachment 141057
It’s adorable! 😍

So my LFS has a tank with about 8-10 in it for sale, but theirs are all a medium gray color. Are there different types/subspecies? Truly fascinating creatures and you've got a winner there!

So my LFS has a tank with about 8-10 in it for sale, but theirs are all a medium gray color. Are there different types/subspecies? Truly fascinating creatures and you've got a winner there!
There are different color morphs, such as Luecistic (mine), wild type (brown), copper, lavender mel (light grey ish) and a host of other colors including types with ”high irridophores” or something (not sure if I spelled it right) that have sparkly specks

There are different color morphs, such as Luecistic (mine), wild type (brown), copper, lavender mel (light grey ish) and a host of other colors including types with ”high irridophores” or something (not sure if I spelled it right) that have sparkly specks
there are genetically modified glowing axolotls, too
and i hate them as much as glofish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back