my arowanna

hey how ya doing. i have been raising arowanas for past five years. you should be fine in a tank that size for a while. my local aro dealer told me that they will only grow to the size of its enviroment. i recently lost a 27in that was in an 85gal tank that was six feet long. he looked a little cramped in it, but was happy. i had planned on building a larger tank for him.i now have a lil 6in australian. i have known arowanas that have been tank mates with oscars and pacus that have been fine. but will kill arowanas. what kind of arowana do you have? i would agree with impur on rearranging the tank. you should be fine in a tank that large if you cut off the line of sight between the fish. have you tried feeding it floating pellets? you should try switch it to these as feeders are not good for aros. mine loves crickets and worms. they are top water feeders so it is good to feed them floating foods. i will also feed it cut up shrimp and beef heart from time to time. dont be alarmed that it is not eating, they can go for weeks without eating. i had one that went for two and a half weeks once, but that was because it had filled up on feeders. hope this helped a little.

Also you want to make sure that there isn't to much going on outside below the tank. I have read that if they aro is constantly looking downward it tends to get droopy eye easier. They also spook easily and jump!!!!! Keep the tank in a low traffic area and make sure you have a heavy lid.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back