My Angelfish Have Spawned! Pic & Vid

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wow, that's some dangerous filter
wacko.png

I am not aware exactly of these filters, but maybe it's worth putting different media in it, like some ceramic balls or similar that can't block the flow.

Snazy, I have ceramic rings, but also just a media sponge.  I think its a weird combination of natural daylight shining slighty into the side of the filter, and plant debris that gets sucked into the filter and breaking down in there. Whatever it is, it equals brown sludge in my filter.  Its actually getting better, and I don't see any of the brown slime in my tank, I'll just have to light filter sponge cleanings to make sure it doesn't clog up again.

Not too sure what's going on this time around, but they seems to have picked off all the good remaining eggs?? I just noticed that all that's left are the bad ones.  :/ 

Wow, you're a lucky woman with that one!

Shame about the eggs, although I'd much rather than happen than the whole tank empty 
blink.png

Hopefully you'll be able to save some 
good.gif

here we go again ladies and gentlemen :) Yesterday afternoon Mum Angel was busy laying eggs.  They switched sides of the tank, which is funny bc now I have my cory fry mini tank and the angels right next to it :)   Pics and/or vid later tonight!!

No vid tonight, but I did take some pics so here we go.......  :)

Here's Mum fanning the eggs.

And Daddy fanning the eggs...

Lots of healthy looking eggs + scary photobomb by Mum :D

A view from top of the hill. 

And a tank shot just bc.

Hopefully I'll get a good video tomorrow.  Excuse all the moss in the first couple shots, it's not floating, it's just attached to my airstone tubing, which is being used in the cory fry mini tank at the moment, so it's a bit messy looking :rolleyes:

Looking good, mumma, and your tank looks lived-in which is the whole point! lol

Mum slowly ate the eggs, one by one :/ ......Dad doesn't look too pleased with her, he's hanging around the other side of the tank. Cold shoulder is right! 

Would she have eaten them if they were alright? Is it a sign that they hadn't been fertilised or something? Have no experience with breeding angelfish.

Most reactions

Back