My 55 gallon re-established planted community lace Rock aquarium.

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I started out with 5 red eyed tetras, two females and 3 males. They were the 1st shoal I put into my tank during a silent/planted cycle. After I introduced the other fish I saw my first red eyed fry. I was very excited since it is not easy to have tetra fry compared to live breeders. But then over the next month or two I ended up with 12 fry that grew to young adults. They were taking over my tanks so I gave them to my bother-in-law. About 2 weeks later another red eyed fry showed up. I decided to just leave him for now.

Last edited:
Here is a couple of pictures of my 55 gallon, the camera is not the best. The castle is 24 inches wide. I have plenty of floating plants for the tetras.

Attachments

• GEDC1163.JPG
    GEDC1163.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 45
  • GEDC1164.JPG
    GEDC1164.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 51
  • GEDC1186.JPG
    GEDC1186.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 60
  • GEDC1166.JPG
    GEDC1166.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 47
Do you not have a light @Retired Viking? Your plants are looking sort of sad as well, probably due to no/bad light.
I have T8 plant lights in the tank. Some of the ferns are (rescues) from Petco. They mark them down 75% when they start turning brown so I try and nurse them back. I have not removed the brown leaves yet. I also add flourish at 1/2 dosage.

Most reactions

Back