My 1St Planted Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dhartIndy

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at aquascaping.

I started my obsession february 2013 with a few plants from petsmart (i know i know) and now have a pretty pleasing 20 gallon long planted tank. Fishless cycled, 11 types of plants including wisteria, dwarf lilly, hygrofilia kompakta, anubias, and flame moss (found panda cory eggs in them!) Currently working on a 55 gallon mountainscape. Wish me luck.

Thanks to all the advice from this and other forums, i have never had a disease outbreak, algae blooms, or any ammonia crashes. Still a work in progress. Suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 231
looking nice.

Personally I get plants out of their pots, otherwise their roots can be restricted, which they don't like very much.

Typically my pots are ornamental. I just temporarily needed something to weigh one plant down until i got some more plant weights.
Youre so right cant choke off the roots!

Now some Newly hatched danio fry.
14 so far. Should be big enough to join the adults by the time I get my 55 gallon cycled and fully planted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 227
Are the Cory eggs fertilised?  Lucky find if so.  I look forward to seeing more of this tank.

Blobfish said:
Are the Cory eggs fertilised?  Lucky find if so.  I look forward to seeing more of this tank.
I have one fry about 4 weeks old. Have seen quite a few eggs within the past week, ten on a driftwood log wrapped with flame moss. Even saw Riley gently wiggle an egg on a piece of java fern last night!

Very exciting and quite a surprise. I didnt think I had low enough pH or live foods to support spawning.
Little Waldo the fry is quite a miracle - surviving on his own for weeks without any intervening from me.
He's quite the entertaining lil bugger too!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back