FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I was on the forum yesterday and I had 54 reactions. Then, a few minutes ago, someone liked my content twice, but instead of going up I went down to 52. Will a staff member please explain this? Thanks in advance.

well, the reaction score is total of reactions over the last 7 days. So perhaps 4 reactions dropped off from being just over 7 days old. Not a biggie...you still have one of the most reactions in the last 7 days..

well, the reaction score is total of reactions over the last 7 days. So perhaps 4 reactions dropped off from being just over 7 days old. Not a biggie...you still have one of the most reactions in the last 7 days..
Oh, that’s makes sense. I was just wondering why, thanks. :)

If you want to see your total reaction score and you use a laptop, hover over your user name and a box will pop up showing the number of messages you've made (ie posts), total reaction score and number of points.
I have no idea how you do this with a phone or tablet :/

If you want to see your total reaction score and you use a laptop, hover over your user name and a box will pop up showing the number of messages you've made (ie posts), total reaction score and number of points.
I have no idea how you do this with a phone or tablet :/
You just tap your name with your finger and it shows at the bottom of page. :)

Thank you both. Will reactions ever come into play or anything? Or are they just for fun?

Reactions the number of times someone has clicked Like at the bottom of one of your posts. We now have a few options as well as like, but I think only Like's count. The number in your profile is the total number of Like's you've ever received while the number in the group of boxes in the menu on the right is the number of Like's you've received in the last 7 days.
The number of alerts next to your user name in the top right corner includes Like's and and also whenever there has been a reply to one of your posts.
If you clcik on Members in the menu at the top of the page, it shows tables of certain categories. The member with the highest reaction score is Byron - more people have Liked his posts than those of any other member.

They don't do anything but the number of Like's does indicate how many of your posts were approved of by other members so in theory someone who has a lot of Like's knows what they are talking about.
In some forums, Like's have been abused - in some forums there are groups of people who all Like each others' posts regardless of whether they are any good or not. This creates a false impression to newcomers to the forum who think "oh that person has a lot of Like's, they must be an expert" when it's just that their friends all Like their rubbish posts just because they are friends. This forum is not like that :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back