chipper_222
Fish Fanatic
Evening All,
My tank has been running for 7 months now and I'm still getting brown algae on the glass, ornaments and plants etc. I'm doing 30% water changes every 10 days plus cleaning glass and vacuuming gravel. The algae returns with 4/5 days. I haven't been cleaning ornaments though....do I need to scrub these to prevent it from returning?
I have read that this type of algae occurs when a tank is not fully cycled but mine should be by now I would have thought.
I have the lights on for 8 hours a day.
Tank Stats:
pH: 6.9
NH3: <0.010mg/L
NO2: 0.012mg/L
NO3: 7.1mg/L
Any ideas how to stop this algae growth??
Chip
My tank has been running for 7 months now and I'm still getting brown algae on the glass, ornaments and plants etc. I'm doing 30% water changes every 10 days plus cleaning glass and vacuuming gravel. The algae returns with 4/5 days. I haven't been cleaning ornaments though....do I need to scrub these to prevent it from returning?
I have read that this type of algae occurs when a tank is not fully cycled but mine should be by now I would have thought.
I have the lights on for 8 hours a day.
Tank Stats:
pH: 6.9
NH3: <0.010mg/L
NO2: 0.012mg/L
NO3: 7.1mg/L
Any ideas how to stop this algae growth??
Chip







