Mollies

Aqua_Princess64

Fishaholic
Reaction score
OK, I have 2 pearl white mollies that I've had for about a week. They are male and female. I caught them mating a day or two after I put them in the tank and then for the next few days they sat at the bottom of the tank, didn't eat, and didn't move from one spot for 3 days. I'm wondering if you guys think that it was due to mating or something else. All the other fish in my tank are and were fine. the water parameters are:
Ph: 7.5
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
I don't have the nitrate or Kh test yet. Today when I walked in, they were playing and eating algae off the tank walls and decor. Then, when I fed them, they ate like they hadn't ever eaten before in their life!! Does anyone know if something was wrong with them before?
~Aqua~

I'm sorry but I can't read your post - it's causing me major eye problems and made me feel sick. Please could you re-send it in a conventional font. Thank you.

Maybe they were just settling into the new environment. Is this tank much larger than they one they resided in at the LFS? What are the other tankmates? If they are behaving normally now and showing no signs of illness, they are probably ok.

OK, I have 2 pearl white mollies that I've had for about a week. They are male and female. I caught them mating a day or two after I put them in the tank and then for the next few days they sat at the bottom of the tank, didn't eat, and didn't move from one spot for 3 days. I'm wondering if you guys think that it was due to mating or something else. All the other fish in my tank are and were fine. the water parameters are:
Ph: 7.5
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
I don't have the nitrate or Kh test yet. Today when I walked in, they were playing and eating algae off the tank walls and decor. Then, when I fed them, they ate like they hadn't ever eaten before in their life!! Does anyone know if something was wrong with them before?
~Aqua~

Sorry about the font thing! ;) I think the tank was about 5 gallons larger than the tank at the store but I'm really not sure. They still look ok!!! YAY!

Most reactions

Back