Night effects… on my Asian tank…

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Blue sun down lights, and a back lit background… this tank looks like this, for about an hour every night, then the blue lights go out, leaving the back lit background, for about another hour, before total darkness…

I have this effect going on in 3 different tanks right now, each with a different background
IMG_5072.jpeg

Sorry for the blurry fish... the camera did a slow exposure, due to the lack of light...

Last edited:
Just going to mess with your head here and say blue light occurs during the day and yellow light occurs in the morning and evening at sunrise and sunset. Interesting colour though, reminds me of the nightclubs back in the 80s & 90s :)

I would have shown my new 45 gallon as well, but no pleco in that tank yet, & I'm getting a good algae coat with heavy lighting, & the Terrestrial plants not bushed out yet... so it doesn't look as pristine, as the Hillstreams are keeping the one I pictured...

The 55 gallon entered in this months tank of the month, is also set up similarly, but the background is thicker, & double sided, so it doesn't light up the same ( I'll be switching that background out ), which is super easy, as they are just cut to fit, & friction fit under the 2 hob filters on each tank, that hold them in place...

I really like that bamboo background, but it was hard to get, & shipped from Asia, so it took a while to get here... the tank also looks great, when the blue lights go out and the back ground stays lit for an additional hour...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back