Mollies With Sailfins

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I was led to believe that mollies will not produce sailfins if they are bred inside...... I've always bred them in outside ponds and all my males have always had beautifiul sailfins.

Has anybody had success breeding them inside with Sailfins?? (or is this just another myth)
 
myth
sailfin mollies will breed indoors or outdoors and as long as they are genuine sailfins they will produce sailfin offspring.
 
I'd like to see people try to breed them ouside in the UK :crazy:
 
I hope the pond is insulated, otherwise you must have one heck of a power bill. We used bubblewrap on the surface of our ponds. It worked pretty well.
 
I hope the pond is insulated, otherwise you must have one heck of a power bill. We used bubblewrap on the surface of our ponds. It worked pretty well.
Yep Colin... Great minds think alike......(have'nt tried it though, but did think of it as a viable solution) Do you let it float or is it suspended some inches off the water level, cause I'm thinking surface area exposed.
 
We just had it floating on the surface. We had a section about 18inches in diameter that was cut out so air could still get in.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top