Mn Mom And A Newbie

stacey3272

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well It all started with a 5 gallon my youngest daughter wanted to put gold fish in for her 13th birthday.... well after a few dead fish and lots of reading on the net. I learned the secrets to gold fish :) So I have had a 5 gallon running pretty good for a month. I have 4 neon tetras ( want to add more But limited space) and two Zebra D. They all seem pretty healthy and alive.

So my brother inlaw that is a officer in Iraq decides to give my girls his 55 gallon.....So I am just trying to get it set up. I am pretty close to being able to cycle and add the two Zebras to it... ANy ways I thought I better get on a forum for my many qestions. I am the type to do something and try to do it right not half way. I am a Childcare prodiver and its out in my main room. I am looking for suggestions for a nice community tank and fish suggestions. I want something for the kids to really enjoy watching..Also If I have that small tank running can I take like some rocks or a plan that has been in it and putin big tank to help the cycling along with the two Zebras.

Thanks and wish me luck.

Personally I've always found many tetras of different variations in a community tank to be a eye catcher. If you really want a blast of color and interest in the tank mix in some rocks and live plants in your own personal taste, Add in a male betta for some color (No more then one otherwise they will fight each other constantly.) After awhile it will come together in your own personal image. As for the smaller tank, I don't think rocks will help with the cycling. Plants will help the the nitrite

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back