momo33
Fish Fanatic
This morning I got very very agitated, the wife came to me saying that one of the oscars was missing in my tank and so I leaped up and went to investigate, I searched high and low, I looked under the tank stand, behind the stand, behind the tank, across the floor, under the TV stand, in fact I searched everywhere. I was getting very very upset and angry that one of my oscars was missing and I was getting very very ratty with it.
I mean how in hades name can an oscar literaly just dissapear !. I then did a second look in the non used sump I had made 2 days ago under the tank, nothing, so I lined the kids up and I told them that if they had hidden my oscar they better stop messing about and return it, that if they had hurt it they were in deep do doo, and I did not take kindly to people who hurt defenceless animals, I got the blank stare and the denials of any wrong doing, so I went looking again. Still no oscar, so although I don't know how I expected it to happen except by osmosis ( or the kids hiding the dead body ) I opened the living room windows to see if it had escaped out the window and was laying on the grass, nope no oscar.
By this time I was beside myself with worry and angry as all hell, where in the name of god was my oscar, I gave up looking.
About ten minutes later I decided to check out the new sump and syphon pipes, so I switched on the sump pump and waited for water to flow, I went to the kitchen and made coffee and came back and went to the sump to se how much water I had in it and erm waahts that swimming in the tank like it was on holiday!!!, an oscar............. that fish must of leaped into the syphon pipe ( I dont have a net or such over the tank end ) and either got stuck or was in the water in the pipe somewhere.
Kids are fine even if smirking a lot at dad, wife is running around with raised eyebrows and I am waiting for 2 more oscars too turn up later.
All is at peace in my world ..... untill, wait a minute, i had a lot of web pages open on my desk and I could hear the sound of dripping/gurgling water, so I went to investigate, it drove me nuts untll I found out it was one of the open pages, if memory serves me right it was a page on HERE somewhere......
I mean how in hades name can an oscar literaly just dissapear !. I then did a second look in the non used sump I had made 2 days ago under the tank, nothing, so I lined the kids up and I told them that if they had hidden my oscar they better stop messing about and return it, that if they had hurt it they were in deep do doo, and I did not take kindly to people who hurt defenceless animals, I got the blank stare and the denials of any wrong doing, so I went looking again. Still no oscar, so although I don't know how I expected it to happen except by osmosis ( or the kids hiding the dead body ) I opened the living room windows to see if it had escaped out the window and was laying on the grass, nope no oscar.
By this time I was beside myself with worry and angry as all hell, where in the name of god was my oscar, I gave up looking.
About ten minutes later I decided to check out the new sump and syphon pipes, so I switched on the sump pump and waited for water to flow, I went to the kitchen and made coffee and came back and went to the sump to se how much water I had in it and erm waahts that swimming in the tank like it was on holiday!!!, an oscar............. that fish must of leaped into the syphon pipe ( I dont have a net or such over the tank end ) and either got stuck or was in the water in the pipe somewhere.
Kids are fine even if smirking a lot at dad, wife is running around with raised eyebrows and I am waiting for 2 more oscars too turn up later.
All is at peace in my world ..... untill, wait a minute, i had a lot of web pages open on my desk and I could hear the sound of dripping/gurgling water, so I went to investigate, it drove me nuts untll I found out it was one of the open pages, if memory serves me right it was a page on HERE somewhere......








