Milky White Film / Spots On The Glass?

Dr. Bogger

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ballston Spa, NY
Hello,

I recently setup a new aquarium, and for the last 3 days, i have noticed that on the glass sides of the aquarium, only in certen spots, there is a milky white film/spots on it...

I have wiped it off 3 times now with an algae brush, but it keeps coming back within 24 hours....

Anyone have any idea what it is and what its caused by, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance!
 
I was going to say just wipe it off but you have already done that. It sounds like bacterial slime that occurs sometimes in new tanks. It should go away in a few days. If it doesn't you could try draining the tank and refilling it with fresh water.
 
I was going to say just wipe it off but you have already done that. It sounds like bacterial slime that occurs sometimes in new tanks. It should go away in a few days. If it doesn't you could try draining the tank and refilling it with fresh water.

hmm... okay, i just hope it is normal... because if u look at my other thread, my tank wont seem to cycle for some reason, so im wondering if this is maybe part of the cause.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top