Mikes Marine Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
How you finding having a scrubber in your sump (oh gawd :blush: ) are you seeing any noticable differences in water stats yet?

Seffie x

:fish:

How you finding having a scrubber in your sump (oh gawd :blush: ) are you seeing any noticable differences in water stats yet?

Seffie x

:fish:
Its difficult to tell how much difference it has made as I've been trying several things to get rid of my hair algae

But the hair algae is pretty much gone now and the scrubber can only be a good thing

Some of my inverts

Red Serpent Start

redserpent.jpg

Green Brittle Star

green.jpg

Tuxedo Urchin

tux.jpg

Tank looks alot better than before imo.

how do you find the skimmer is it very noisy or can you hardly hear it with the doors shut?

thanks
chris

Tank looks alot better than before imo.

how do you find the skimmer is it very noisy or can you hardly hear it with the doors shut?

thanks
chris
The skimmer is practically silent - amazing really as it is driven by 2 Ocean Runner 3500's

A new FTS & a movie

I'm really pleased with the tank at the moment - hair algae almost gone

tank.jpg

Movie

Tank looks great :)
Thanks I almost gave up with it

first a massive cyno outbreak and when I got rid of the the hair algae hit

It's taken me two years to get it back on track

Usual problem as it was looking bad I neglected it further - then of course it got worse and made me even less interested in it - vicious circle

I think it looks amazing, much better than in previous year & thats a really impressive list of fishies you have there, which LFS do you use in Daventry? We're near Wellingborough & have one very good lfs here, but the marine stock list is pretty limited.

I made a small change to the tank this week

I have replaced the comb on my overflow with a sponge

The comb was a pain - it clogged up and I have had fish ending up in the overflow

The sponge works a treat

I found one designed for a pond filter and cut it to size

My tip for the week :D

I think it looks amazing, much better than in previous year & thats a really impressive list of fishies you have there, which LFS do you use in Daventry? We're near Wellingborough & have one very good lfs here, but the marine stock list is pretty limited.
Thanks

I tend to go to:

Blooms garden Centre in Rugby - good prices but erratic quality
Maidenhead Aquatics Harlestone Heath
Coventry Aquatics
Clearwater Aquatics in Leicester

Another Full Tank Shot

Hair algae all gone :D

I'm going to have to consider selling my Scats - they are growing very fast

tank1.jpg

Most reactions

trending