Midnight Is Healing - Rescued Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Freedom

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Midnight is the betta I picked up on Jul 4, he was due to be flushed. He'd been in a community tank with platys.

I have him in my 37 gallon community tank with tetras, otos and snails.  Nothing to bother him, lots of space, plants, and hidey holes.  He is loving it!

Here he is on Jul 5:

And now:

And 2 short vids. In this first one, he is teasing me, staying just out of sight.
http://youtu.be/uOazipR3OSQ

and second vid
http://youtu.be/8m-4RQcBrGQ

I am so happy he is healing. And I am thrilled with his coloring!

Thanks for looking!

Glad he's looking better, he's very pretty :)

Lovely! :)
Good job, many people won't take a betta like that.

His fins are healing beautifully - he's looking very smart now!

LyraGuppi said:
Lovely!
smile.png

Good job, many people won't take a betta like that.
Well, he was free so I figured why not?

Thanks everyone.  Yep, I love how he looks, what a handsome boy!

incredible healing! Its always amazing and great to see a poor torn betta regrow its beauty.

Such beautiful colours. I'm so glad he's enjoying life and did not get flushed! 

I believe you should watch what you feed the other fish because I found the hard way. betta fish need their special food and not the flakes which the other fish can it. Mine is now fighting a bulge on his side and thanks to the TROPICAL FISH FORUM articles , I know I may have caused it by feeding him flakes like the other fish. Just what I'm saying is be very careful what and how much he eats.,

Midnight is the betta I picked up on Jul 4, he was due to be flushed.
First thing. I know it was not you intending to flush the fish.
Great to see the little guy doing well.

NOW
There must be a better way to put down a sick fish rather than just flushing them.

I get very angry when somebody abuses any animal like that,  A few years ago now I broke a guys jaw when I punched him after I saw him hit a dog with a chain. I did not argue or ask why I just walked up to him and belted him he was out cold for a few minutes, and I have no regrets and would do it again, Even the police did not seem interested in charging me, They made the guy an offer, if I got charged so would he.

Sorry my rant on animal cruelty.

NickAu, wow!  I have been involved in rescue (cats, then dogs, then fish, all at once), but I can't imagine SEEING what you saw.  Sure understand your reaction.  And being an animal advocate I wonder what happened with the dog (don't care what happened to that idiot!).

Midnight is doing great!

NickAu said:

Midnight is the betta I picked up on Jul 4, he was due to be flushed.
First thing. I know it was not you intending to flush the fish.
Great to see the little guy doing well.

NOW
There must be a better way to put down a sick fish rather than just flushing them.

I get very angry when somebody abuses any animal like that,  A few years ago now I broke a guys jaw when I punched him after I saw him hit a dog with a chain. I did not argue or ask why I just walked up to him and belted him he was out cold for a few minutes, and I have no regrets and would do it again, Even the police did not seem interested in charging me, They made the guy an offer, if I got charged so would he.

Sorry my rant on animal cruelty.

You, sir, win the internet this day. That guy had it coming.

Love to hear rescue stories like this. :) My house is filled with rescued animals of all shapes and sizes, including a blind betta. He too would have perished inside a cold, torturous cup. The water he was living in was polluted with uneaten pellets that the shop had carelessly tossed in for him, but he could not eat due to his lack of sight. An ammonia test showed appalling conditions, well over 8 ppm of ammonia. No wonder the poor fella could hardly keep himself upright, and had his fins slowly rotting away.

Today, this little boy, whom I've named Micah (meaning lucky and angel), patrols his 5 gallon tank like a king ruling his castle. He's no longer afraid of anything that moves, and happily shares his home with a shoal of ember tetras and Malaysian trumpet snails. His fins are completely regrown and has developed vivid coloration. It's incredible what just clean water, warm temperatures, and lots of TLC can do for a fish. :)

Golden Roses, wonderful story!  How does Micah FIND his food, now?  You mentioned he was not able to find it at the shop.  Granted, lots of bad stuff going on in his tank at that place.  Just curious how you feed a blind betta . . . for future reference, you know, 'just in case.' 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back