Microsoft Update

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Look whos getting a new tank. 2 footer no less. It cost me 20 bucks. Now that big filter makes more sense.

346q683.jpg

2hgtnki.jpg

Think Microsoft will like it? He may need a map to navigate around.

I think so, when I upgraded Azul he acted much better. :D

Looks kinda empty A few more plants I think, Any suggestions?
1e5h6v.jpg

Perhaps some Java Ferns and some Cryptocorynes of your choice, might be nice additions for your tank.

These are low tech plants so do not require any special treatments, some ferts would be nice every now and again but really, thats about it.

Thanks Charlie will get onto that.

What are ferts? I tried google and it comes back with Ferrets and an assortment of plants, I know I shouldn’t add a Ferret to the tank LOL.
I have decided NO tank mates for Microsoft since I re homed the guppies he is such a different fish, And feeding him now is so easy I can now drop 2 or 3 pellets in and I know he gets them. Also I got a big syringe 50 ml. What I do is put some brine shrimp or bloodworm ( Frozen ) in a spoon get some water from the tank into the syringe squirt it into the spoon then I will draw up just 1 bit of shrimp or worm into the syringe and squirt it into the tank when done this way it looks like the shrimp is alive and moving, OMG talk about feeding frenzy I have never seen a betta move so fast to get the food.  We are still working on taking food from my finger, But hes getting the idea fast.

PS

Because I moved him to a bigger tank I added a IAL teabag to make things easier on Microsoft.
10 Large Teabags IAL Indian Almond Leaves Aquarium breeding spawning fish shrimp

I must say I like the darkish water look, I think I would like to keep my tank that way, and it's better for the fish?

And oh yes I guess I have to keep that fern in the left hand corner of the tank, He sleeps in/on it.

Ferts is short for fertiliser for plants.

Sorry, should have said that a bit clearer.

An example of plant fertiliser -

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 21.56.06.png

Nice work so far by the looks of things. Am I the only one that opened this thread thinking it was about Windows 10 update... :lol:

Yes adding IAL to the tank is good for the fish.  I highly recommend it.  :D

Dandyman3 said:
Nice work so far by the looks of things. Am I the only one that opened this thread thinking it was about Windows 10 update...
laugh.png

:lol: I did too

LOL isnt that like the real Microsoft also? You expect a Operating System and you get a fish.

Added bit more driftwood a rock and background. Not tank of the month but its starting to look good.

2poaydi.jpg

ht7ng2.jpg

Each item in the tank has passed the stocking test It rook me over 2 hours to sand off the rough edged on the rock. Can't have him ripping fins.

The rock is from a cycled tank and is Vulcanic,  so it has lots of little holes. That bunched up plant in the left corner, He sleeps there, He actually gets in among the plant, First time I saw it I was like OMG hes dead........... dead asleep LOL

PS.

Now I am starting to think that bettas should be kept in a minimum of 10 gal tank, He's just such a lovely fish and he loves swimming around.

I know, right? I'm nervous about placing my little female into a 5gal now. :/

Most reactions

Back