- Joined
- May 25, 2019
- Messages
- 6,455
- Reaction score
- 9,693
- Points
- 113
- Location
- On the banks of the Yellowstone
Microplastics are in the news a lot lately . Seems that nearly all plastics slough off microscopic particles of the parent material . I read where this stuff is getting into people’s blood and organs . Scientists have the proof , this isn’t made up . Makes me wonder about sponge filters first but others too . I have heard that Plecostomus will eat sponge filters and I’m sitting here eating my breakfast and watching my guppy aquarium . The guppies are pecking at the sponge filters eagerly . I know they’re grazing things off of it but could they be ingesting microplastics off it too . Kind of gets me to thinking about going back to the old tried and true box filters and UGF’s .







