Mick's Nano side hussle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

in my opinion $300 is a bit pricey for something someone can do under 100... Dont get me wrong, these are super awesome and I think its great that they made it a business! But this is just my own opinion.
I don't want to derail the thread, and I do see what you mean. What I was trying to convey with the joke is that many people could not do this, for $100 or at any other price. The way I see it is that instead of taking the time to learn to do this themselves, they are paying for his expertise and experience, not so much for materials. If you see it this way, then to them, his offering is worth a lot more than the $100 in materials -- it saves them from having to spend a lot of time learning and getting it right. I recognize that for many on this forum that isn't the case, but I'm thinking of people with no fish-keeping experience. Heck, I feel very confident in maintaining a fish tank, but I'm not sure I could put one of these together without taking lots of notes from Mick's journal!

Sorry for the digression. Now back to watching these awesome nanos! :)

That is absolutely hilarious! Oh, and about the $300 being excessive... That was me that said that, and the reason I thought it was is cause it costs maybe $100 to make it... I could see $175-$275 depending on the things used to make it... So yes, in my opinion $300 is a bit pricey for something someone can do under 100... Dont get me wrong, these are super awesome and I think its great that they made it a business! But this is just my own opinion.
Fair enough and i respect your opinion. I guess that's why there is choice, you either love them enough to pay $300 or you don't. Material used to make these bowls is one thing but then there's time, effort and trips to the LFS to pick up the materials that i have to factor in. I work 50+ hours a week in my job so I'm pretty time poor and to do all that for $75 profit IMO is not worth the time or effort.

Fair enough and i respect your opinion. I guess that's why there is choice, you either love them enough to pay $300 or you don't. Material used to make these bowls is one thing but then there's time, effort and trips to the LFS to pick up the materials that i have to factor in. I work 50+ hours a week in my job so I'm pretty time poor and to do all that for $75 profit IMO is not worth the time or effort.
Ok... I actually can understand that...

I don't want to derail the thread, and I do see what you mean. What I was trying to convey with the joke is that many people could not do this, for $100 or at any other price. The way I see it is that instead of taking the time to learn to do this themselves, they are paying for his expertise and experience, not so much for materials. If you see it this way, then to them, his offering is worth a lot more than the $100 in materials -- it saves them from having to spend a lot of time learning and getting it right. I recognize that for many on this forum that isn't the case, but I'm thinking of people with no fish-keeping experience. Heck, I feel very confident in maintaining a fish tank, but I'm not sure I could put one of these together without taking lots of notes from Mick's journal!

Sorry for the digression. Now back to watching these awesome nanos! :)
Definitely can agree with that...

20211118_233122_02.jpg

Not the best photo but here's the newest build. I took it just after i filled it with water and the water was still cloudy lol

I'll be putting the side gig on hold for now. Finally being out of lockdown and back at work I don't have much time for this at the moment. I was up until midnight doing this one. Will have a break and wait until the next lockdown so I can start again 😆🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
View attachment 148186
Not the best photo but here's the newest build.

I'll be putting the side gig on hold for now. Finally being out of lockdown and back at work I don't have much time for this at the moment. I was up until midnight doing this one. Will have a break and wait until the next lockdown so I can start again 😆🤦‍♂️
Really neat!

Looks great! For those of us who are "plant-challenged", what is the grass you have right next to the rocks?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back