Mick's Nano side hussle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Another planted bowl complete!
20210825_213257.jpg

20210825_213308.jpg

20210825_213304.jpg

Went a few weeks with no one enquiring on my ad, thought it was strange and then realised the ad needed to be deleted and relisted so it becomes more visible. Instantly started getting enquiry again!

Here's 2 new bowls I made for people in the last few days. Using driftwood instead of spider wood gives it a whole new look!

20211003_160418.jpg

20211003_160424.jpg

20211003_160428.jpg

20211005_102350.jpg

20211005_102357.jpg

20211005_102405.jpg

20211005_102418.jpg

Wow! How much do they cost you to make? They are gorgeous!

I really like these and just hope beyond hope that the people you give them to, or people seeing these lovely objects on line, don't decide to put something inappropriate inside them.

Are you giving any kind of care guides along with these? Do you grow them out for awhile first or make to order?

I would worry about people coming back in a few months complaining because things went wrong when they didn't take care of them properly.

Really loving them though. When I redecorate I definitely need to try and fit some heavy duty shelves in around the house for things like this.

Are you giving any kind of care guides along with these? Do you grow them out for awhile first or make to order?

I would worry about people coming back in a few months complaining because things went wrong when they didn't take care of them properly.

Really loving them though. When I redecorate I definitely need to try and fit some heavy duty shelves in around the house for things like this.
I make them to order and I do give care tips when they come to pick them up. Most of the people who have bought them so far have experience with fish keeping and have other tanks running. If they don't then I explain the nitrogen cycle and recommend they buy a master test kit. I'm easy to catch on messenger if they need help anyway.

What a great "side hustle"! Your tanks all look awesome. Talking of notes for when I decide to try this!

I'd imagine that it is a great way for some people to get hooked on fish keeping. You know, start with one of these nanos, then add a shrimp or two, and then decide they need something bigger than shrimp. Next thing you know they have MTS. Hmmm... Maybe I need to make one of these for my wife! 😝

Sorry for the back-to-back posts, but I just saw on one of your other journals that someone thought charging $300 for these nano tanks seems excessive, given that your cost is $100. This reminded me of a joke (sorry for the detour, but seemed appropriate):

A fancy machine at a manufacturing plant had stopped working. Many engineers tried to fix it with no success. Eventually they hired an engineer famous for being able to fix any machine. He walked in, took a quick look, tightened a single screw, and the machine started working! He turned to the owner of the factory and said "that will be 5,000 dollars".

The owner, shocked at the amount, replied that charging 5,000 dollars for turning a single screw seemed excessive. The engineer replied "oh, I agree. I'm only charging you $1 for turning the screw. The other $4,999 is for knowing which screw to turn" 😆

I explain in my ad that these are only suitable for shrimp and snails, not fish.
I would be careful reccomending snails... Some have too much bio load but mostly all of them can climb right out of the container...

Sorry for the back-to-back posts, but I just saw on one of your other journals that someone thought charging $300 for these nano tanks seems excessive, given that your cost is $100. This reminded me of a joke (sorry for the detour, but seemed appropriate):

A fancy machine at a manufacturing plant had stopped working. Many engineers tried to fix it with no success. Eventually they hired an engineer famous for being able to fix any machine. He walked in, took a quick look, tightened a single screw, and the machine started working! He turned to the owner of the factory and said "that will be 5,000 dollars".

The owner, shocked at the amount, replied that charging 5,000 dollars for turning a single screw seemed excessive. The engineer replied "oh, I agree. I'm only charging you $1 for turning the screw. The other $4,999 is for knowing which screw to turn" 😆
That is absolutely hilarious! Oh, and about the $300 being excessive... That was me that said that, and the reason I thought it was is cause it costs maybe $100 to make it... I could see $175-$275 depending on the things used to make it... So yes, in my opinion $300 is a bit pricey for something someone can do under 100... Dont get me wrong, these are super awesome and I think its great that they made it a business! But this is just my own opinion.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back