Mice

canyon_rayne

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Happy Valley, Utah...Otherwise known as Spanish Fo
I bought a mouse, Oreo, three days ago. Last night I decided he looked lonely so today I went to go and buy him a friend. I asked the clerk at the petstore if I by chance got two males if they would get along. He told me that they might fight but there was no gaurentee. I bought one anyways and decided, just to be safe, to put them in two seperate cages. My question is, what are the chances of them fighting if I put them in the same cage?

Hi

It's the same with male guinea pigs. I think it is very good that you got another. You should introduce them slowly, sit them both on a couch or something with you sitting on it too and hold one in each hand on the couch. Let them go slowly and let them sniff around. If they fight, take them away again but presevere and you will get there in the end.

I had to do that with my guinea pigs as they were all got at different times. I used to keep mice, they are lovley little creatures.

:)

Not very likely. As long as theres not a female in the mix they should do great together. Also, a good way to smooth transistion is too clean the cage before putting him in so that the other rat doesn't have sents marked and it's kind of mutual ground. Also, rearrange stuff and move the food. Third thing which is also the grossest is to rub some feces from the other rat on the neck of the new guy so he smells like him and there are no new scents. Kind of gross but lots of people do it...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back