Mexican dwarf cray with betta?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

ajr0053

Reaction score
Iā€™ve read a bit about mexican dwarf crays and have seen mixed reviews on them, from people praising them for being docile to others saying theyā€™ll be aggressive towards my betta. If I were to get one, heā€™d probably go in my 6.8 gallon with my oldest betta (who probably wouldnā€™t even notice the cray in the tank). I guess my biggest concern would be the cray going after my betta? The betta doesnā€™t move much anymore since heā€™s a bit elderly, and I donā€™t want the crayfish thinking heā€™d be an easy snack even though itā€™s claws are probably too small to do any substantial damage. The tank Iā€™m thinking of adding it to is very heavily planted, and has a few caves that my betta no longer uses that would essentially be only used by the crayfish for hiding, molting, etc. Would I be able to add a Mexican dwarf crayfish to my tank?

crayfish should not be kept with fish because they are nocturnal predators and will eat fish if they catch them.

the fact you have an old Betta would increase the risk of the crayfish eating him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back