messy fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

teknikz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
my cichlid tank is now set up and the fish are in but theres an awful lot of mess in there

what do i do if i cant reach the mess to get it out?

theres a big rock structure in the way and moving it will just stress them out surely

When you say "mess" i s'pose you mean doodies :lol: , You're right Tangs are very touchy about there habitat being shifted (I dont know if thats the same for Malawi's) but americans dont mind cos they shift it around themselves.
If you have a good filtration dont worry as the Cichlids are bound to disturb the substrate and cause the mess to lift and get extracted.
The other option is to get a little gizmo I picked up recently, its like a little hoover, it extends and has a little bag to catch the debris and it is attached to a pump that blows air onto the substrate and sucks it up the pipe to be deposited in the bag.

i got a gravel hoover...but i cant get to the mess coz its behind the rocks and they are touchin the glass at the back

a ha!!!!!!

good idea flippin........im well impressed hahahahaha

[quote name='Flippin'thing bit me eye' date='Oct 7 2003, 10:28 PM'] The other option is to get a little gizmo I picked up recently, its like a little hoover, it extends and has a little bag to catch the debris and it is attached to a pump that blows air onto the substrate and sucks it up the pipe to be deposited in the bag. [/quote]
Do you have a link for one of these?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back